[Help]How do you guys share dir. with WinXP

Hi guys,

I am i am askin' a very stupid question now,but i really don't know how to share one directory correctly,you know i always got the access problem every time i try to share my stuff to another...

any ideas?

thanks...

make sure all your network computers are in the same workgroup or domain. then check to see if file and print sharing is on. you can then proceed to right click a folder, click sharing and security, and check share this folder on the network.

No any other options to set up?

i.e. the Permission things?

But yes i can share that folder as my wish but my fellow just cannot grant the access permisson outta my pc now(he cannot access my shared folder,only i can.)

Yes, you also have to set the permissions. You have to create a user account for your friend on your PC. Make sure it has the same username & password with his account on his PC, then you can set the permissions (read, write, etc.) for his account.

Yes, you also have to set the permissions. You have to create a user account for your friend on your PC. Make sure it has the same username & password with his account on his PC, then you can set the permissions (read, write, etc.) for his account.

585001957[/snapback]

Thanks very much,but why shoud we bother so much just to share some folders with your buddies?how simple of that is on win98 based pc.and many of my mates has no hassles when sharing files & folders..by usin' the simple file sharing option that can access thu' the folder options..