Managing W2k and XP PC's on a Novell Network

What is the best way to manage W2k and XP PC's on a Novell Network. I'm doing a temp job at a place that didn't know how to manage their desktops very well since Novell handles everything. This is what I've done or am doing so far:

1. Changing the workgroup and PC names since they are all different

2. Setting up NAV Corp server and clients

3. Making sure permissions are all the same

Any other ideas?

One that I want to do is be able to scan their computer for what software and versions are installed etc. Does anyone know of an easy way of doing that besides adding something to their login script?

Any help with this would be great since I've never managed desktops without a domain controller before. Man what a pain. I miss having a nice W2K PDC and easier to manage login scripts.

yeah without a PDC is a pain. I hate Novell... lol I've tried that software but I'd have to go to every PC to do it. Looking for a way to do it remotely and I do have admin access on each PC also.

That costs $$$ plus we don't have a novell admin yet to install it. They fired the last person. Just looking for an easy way to manage and get a software/hardware list remotely. I might be able to include something in their login script. We do have access to that at least.

ZenWorks -- your best bet...much better than managing through Active Directory....ick...

You can get a sampler, and its relatively easy...

I though Novell 5.1+ came with a limited version of it...