Cancelling a NewEgg Order. Too Late?

I just ordered a new sound card 4 hours ago.

It is currently on step 2:

Address Verification Result: GOOD - Your Ship To address has been successfully confirmed. Your Order will be shipped in 1-2 business days.

Your order is at step 2 of 5: being prepared in the Warehouse

But I need to cancel it. But there is no option to cancel. It's only been 4 hours, and it's already too late to cancel!? It's only on step 2. Is it still possible?

Thanks.

After it reaches Step 2, it should say something like "No Changes Can Be Made" or something similar. If you call them they will tell you it is too late to cancel the order.

The CS rep told me, when I was ordering my 6800GT (which I found cheaper at a local CompUSA), to refuse the FedEx package upon delivery then they will refund the money once Newegg gets the item back. I ended up taking the item because Comp sold out of the GTs and I was there to sign for the package.

UGH. Too Bad.

Oh well. I guess I'll resell it. I think returning it would be more of a hassle.

585012268[/snapback]

You don't have to return it. FedEx will return to sender if the package is not picked up or is refused by the receiver. It's better to refuse it because FedEx will try a few times to deliver it.

If you go to the FedEx website, they have a section dealing with this. It won't cost you anything and Newegg will refund you in full (they prepay for shipping already, so it won't hurt anybody). Like I said, I was going to do this exact thing and I researched it and asked several people about it.

You don't have to return it. FedEx will return to sender if the package is not picked up or is refused by the receiver. It's better to refuse it because FedEx will try a few times to deliver it.

If you go to the FedEx website, they have a section dealing with this. It won't cost you anything and Newegg will refund you in full (they prepay for shipping already, so it won't hurt anybody). Like I said, I was going to do this exact thing and I researched it and asked several people about it.

585012291[/snapback]

You can also contact FedEx by phone and have them turn the package around, i.e, send it back to sender, before it ever gets to you.

I've done it before when I've been trolled when selling stuff. Normally, they redirect your call to the hub, and the hub will stop the package and put a "return to sender" sticker on it, free of charge.