The best video card for windows xp???

ill admit driver support sux - but as an owner of a geforce2 and a RADEON ive found that RADEON image quality is better, and in OpenGL it doesnt botch up the texcompression as ALL Geforce's do

anyway at higer res's the RADEON 64mb DDR (my card) holds it's own and is only very marginally slower than the GeForce2 Ultra...

8500 is gonna kik ass!!!!!!!

I've swapped GTS's cause the RAMDAC of my Previous one was, well , CRAP.

It was some nameless label now I've got a ASUS V7700.

So there is definitly quality diferences between "Nvidia" card manufacturers.

You can't say image quality of "ALL" nvidia cards is crap.

Btw,

ATI 8500 only uses billinear filtering as a basis for Anisotropic filtering wich results in lower quality 3d rendering.

Trillinear is much more smoother becuase it gives you more "levels" in depth perseption.

well i can to a certain extent because i meant geforce's and nowadays that is pretty much everything....

and they do all have the tex compress prob,

anyway ill rephrase it - i meant texture quality....

even with nvidias crappy force DXTC3 'workaround' for texcompress bug - the skies in Q3 look like lo quality JPEG's. When I had my GeForce 2 and i read stuff about the tex compress bug, I was like 'yeah, yeah but do you really notice it?'. Then i got my RADEON and INSTANTLY noticed it......

also ati have always had the lead in 2d, and DVD plaback

I suggest getting a 3dfx card! They have the best techincal support and the most updated drivers, and it works very well with XP.

I'm kidding guys :)

Get nVidia, definatly... very worth the money!