Left the game in Jan after completing the content (non heroic). Nothing really intrigues me about MoP it does not seem to be aimed towards "western" markets any more. The game certainly has been on the decline, I honestly can not see it going free to play, there's a chance they might lower the sub price but I wouldn't even hold my breath on that either

No because this is illegal. Go read Wow`s TOS agreement.

since when did a game's terms of service become law? It doesn't apply to anyone. It isn't "illegal".

since when did a game's terms of service become law? It doesn't apply to anyone. It isn't "illegal".

Fine against the rules of the agreement when you purchase a license for said software, which down the line may end you in bans, perma bans and more if you have a legit account aswell.

If not who cares your just connecting to an emulated buggy and incomplete/up to date version of the game with custom parameters and more.

Also should Blizz know of this server a team of lawyers would probably use the law to make sure it was shut down. Which Im pretty sure they have been doing up until now.

Something about Cease & Desist, and Intellectual Properties etc etc.....

doesn't effect me, the user. It only effects the person running the illegitimate business as far as going to court. why do I care?

where one falls, another will rise.....*shrug*

• Like 2

doesn't effect me, the user. It only effects the person running the illegitimate business as far as going to court. why do I care?

where one falls, another will rise.....*shrug*

Stop trying to look clever, all your doing is promoting the use of emulated and thus pirate servers. And just because its mainly server admins who have been hounded, doesn`t mean Blizzard cant/wont look at the ips to have connected and then take actions. Bottom line your taking a chance and not supporting the developers or upkeep of the game. Also the "legality" of running said server would for me put it under "illegal" as i sure as hell wouldnt want to be getting involved in court cases etc.

If you cant afford the sub, dont play its that simple.

Stop trying to look clever, all your doing is promoting the use of emulated and thus pirate servers. And just because its mainly server admins who have been hounded, doesn`t mean Blizzard cant/wont look at the ips to have connected and then take actions. Bottom line your taking a chance and not supporting the developers or upkeep of the game. Also the "legality" of running said server would for me put it under "illegal" as i sure as hell wouldnt want to be getting involved in court cases etc.

They wont. Cause they know(or atleast they should know) that an RIAA like crusade against the tens of thousands(or more) of users of private servers in dozens upon dozens of different countries wont do much.

Also, it's "you're".

Most people that play on older versions like this are ones that have actually payed for the game and expansions, played through the content, and just want to be able to come back. Blizzard has repeatedly stated they won't be creating vanilla servers and the like anyway, and they're not providing any service here nor do the people want their updated content anyway (hence why they'd play on an vanilla servers).

Secondly, Blizzard won't look up IPs much in the same way other developers for games like Ragnarok Online and Lineage II didn't penalize the people playing on these servers, but rather just the people running them. However, this isn't a game where the population is in the thousands either, where private servers are hurting them. This is to a game consisting of over 10 million people. The emulation community either consists of people wanting a taste of that good ol' flavor or the few who choose not to pay for Blizzard services or games (kids without money or parents to use their credit cards or perhaps really really cheap individuals).

Overall, Blizzard pursuing action really would do nothing to help them, other than maybe highlight that these sorts of servers do exist and risk losing any sort of traffic to the emulation community providing services Blizzard does not offer. Over the years I've played, I've never heard them make much of a fuss about them. And to be honest, playing on a private server was what got me to buy the actual game and give them 6 years @ $15/mo, plus all the expansions, server transfers, faction changes, paying for a girlfriend's account, getting other friends in on it, etc etc... I think Blizzard is doing just fine. :p

terrible trailer imo

I actually agree. Yeah its actually a cool looking trailer (all Blizzard trailers are just freaking awesome) the content is just... meh.

I think im done with WoW. Won't be getting this expansion.

I think the new trailer is cool but not the best i still like the wrath of the lich king trailer better, and that to me is the number one.I am still debating weather to get the expansion or not.

The new trailer has different themes from previous ones. The old ones were very much "Come at me bro" setting up your encounter with the boxes ultra-baddie. The new one is more about discovery or adventure - which certainly seems to indicate a more diver focus. If you're the sort of person that doesn't consider end-game progression raiding fun then you'll probably connect more with this trailer than others. I'm not sure anybody in the PVP space will find anything to latch on to, but they never really got anything past classic intro cinematic anyway.

Just consider the final phrases of each tier:

• "The drums of war thunder once again." The whole trailer is introducing classes but the final scenes are 'horde v alliance'. That's kinda funny considering how last-minute and bolted on PvP was in classic but it makes sense if you consider it and extension of the original Warcraft games.
  • "You are not prepared!" The trailer is similar to the previous one in that it shows the classes (focusing on the new races) but the 'combat' scenes are more PVE oriented: an orc killing nagas, an undead warlock slaying murlocks. The final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "When my days are at an end you shall be king" - The whole thing is dedicated to building up the final bad guy: it shows his army, explains his motivation, demonstrates his ability to raise powerful lesser-baddies. It more or less walks you in the front door to icecrown (to the point that ulduar feels out of place in the context of the trailer). Final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "All will break beneath the shadow of my wings" - The entire trailer is setup to make you have a reason for wanting to kill the final boss: he broke everything so clearly he's no good. Things kinda escalated over these 5 years. Illidan was crying on top of his castle, Arthas was running Iraq in northrend with WMD^w zombies to kill us. Deathwing shows up and farted fire into your bedroom: Final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "What is worth fighting for?" - Similar to the original trailer showing horde v alliance - but the whole "take my spear" thing might have gone over better in TBC. The final scene is a wide shot of a new area to explore and the new cuddly race inviting you to answer a question.

I don't think it's a bad trailer, but it seems like they're taking the focus away from the content I like (kill the ultra-baddie that looks like a tough guy). We'll see how T14 goes. The timing of this expansion is good: I shouldn't have any raid content around for christmas (and if I do, that means it was hard as hell and I'll be glad). I've got time off at the end of September anyway, and it's right around the time the weather starts to suck. No exams, no holidays, no birthdays/aniversaries: it's a good time for a new game to come out.

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we?re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

http://us.battle.net...h_504-8_16_2012

So now you can be a goblin or a worgen or a panda and only have WoW classic or trial. You however have to buy the expansions to go to outland or northrend and you gotta own lich to play DK and MoP to be monk but you can be panda anything else.

The new trailer has different themes from previous ones. The old ones were very much "Come at me bro" setting up your encounter with the boxes ultra-baddie. The new one is more about discovery or adventure - which certainly seems to indicate a more diver focus. If you're the sort of person that doesn't consider end-game progression raiding fun then you'll probably connect more with this trailer than others. I'm not sure anybody in the PVP space will find anything to latch on to, but they never really got anything past classic intro cinematic anyway.

Just consider the final phrases of each tier:

• "The drums of war thunder once again." The whole trailer is introducing classes but the final scenes are 'horde v alliance'. That's kinda funny considering how last-minute and bolted on PvP was in classic but it makes sense if you consider it and extension of the original Warcraft games.
  • "You are not prepared!" The trailer is similar to the previous one in that it shows the classes (focusing on the new races) but the 'combat' scenes are more PVE oriented: an orc killing nagas, an undead warlock slaying murlocks. The final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "When my days are at an end you shall be king" - The whole thing is dedicated to building up the final bad guy: it shows his army, explains his motivation, demonstrates his ability to raise powerful lesser-baddies. It more or less walks you in the front door to icecrown (to the point that ulduar feels out of place in the context of the trailer). Final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "All will break beneath the shadow of my wings" - The entire trailer is setup to make you have a reason for wanting to kill the final boss: he broke everything so clearly he's no good. Things kinda escalated over these 5 years. Illidan was crying on top of his castle, Arthas was running Iraq in northrend with WMD^w zombies to kill us. Deathwing shows up and farted fire into your bedroom: Final scene is "king of the baddies" looking like a tough guy.
  • "What is worth fighting for?" - Similar to the original trailer showing horde v alliance - but the whole "take my spear" thing might have gone over better in TBC. The final scene is a wide shot of a new area to explore and the new cuddly race inviting you to answer a question.

I don't think it's a bad trailer, but it seems like they're taking the focus away from the content I like (kill the ultra-baddie that looks like a tough guy). We'll see how T14 goes. The timing of this expansion is good: I shouldn't have any raid content around for christmas (and if I do, that means it was hard as hell and I'll be glad). I've got time off at the end of September anyway, and it's right around the time the weather starts to suck. No exams, no holidays, no birthdays/aniversaries: it's a good time for a new game to come out.

This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing now myself. Its Wow, its a game Ive known and loved for what 6-7yrs? Ive had my ups and downs with it, but Im going to see how T14 goes and once my sub ends, see if its worth going on. Ive got beta access but tbh Im staying away from it as, its summer this is my time to enjoy the outdoors, and I dont want to ruin the new content for myself.

Ive stopped playing Wow at the moment and been away for about 2months now again. My guild kinda fizzed out a bit just as were starting to do Ds Heroic. I miss the days of S3D and red fissures, I miss Ulduar hardmodes and Algalon.

Might find a new server for MOP and see how that goes. I wanted a race change and may just go horde this time, but as a Pally, theres not much in imba races. No panda`s so there goes my "Pandadin" :s

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like less work on your builds and more time to play which i like. Plus i LOVE my new druid travel form and mass loot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another day, another expansion, same problems. Forget about login servers down. They seem to be a lot of people who are stuck on 90% on the loading screen. Screwed a lot of folks over who were planning to get server firsts. They never learn and never will.

From what I have seen of MoP I am not really that impressed. The first dungeon was just AoE spam. Bosses were far from interesting and we got the feeling we could have killed it on heroic already at 85.