Cell Phones [getting new one]

my dad said he wants to buy me a new cell phone, but I don't know much about cell phones.

Can anyone suggest me some good cell phones with camera.thanks in advance

btw, I prefer Siemens and Nokia

my dad said he wants to buy me a new cell phone, but I don't know much about cell phones.

Can anyone suggest me some good cell phones with camera.thanks in advance

btw, I prefer Siemens and Nokia

585026637[/snapback]

go with a samsung

If you are going high end... Nokia 6230 all the way!

As for siemens if you are going low end.. the m65 is pretty good (so I"ve heard) but nokia is the best bet...

Camera, mp3, radio,... etc..

Good rf and exchangable mem...

i had (still have) a Sony Ericsson T610, its a great phone... software flashable so you can convert it to a T616 (improved signal strength) it can be flashed to a T630 and you can drop a t630 lcd in it... when i bought my Sidekick 2 (last night) My t610 had t616 firmware, t630 case & keypad, and a t637 antenna. great phone, the camera is decent quality (http://exiva.textamerica.com) i should have my sidekick 2 next week so ill be sure to post pictures and let people know how it is

ur lucky, my dad woul;d never buy me a fone :(

585026662[/snapback]

I have a geforce 2 mx 400 64 MB and only 256 MB RAM , that sucks - you feel better now ?

go with a samsung

585026679[/snapback]

samsung ? they are making cell phones ? didn't know :huh:

suggest some modell pls

If you are going high end... Nokia 6230 all the way!

As for siemens if you are going low end.. the m65 is pretty good (so I"ve heard) but nokia is the best bet...

Camera, mp3, radio,... etc..

Good rf and exchangable mem...

585026683[/snapback]

the m65 is low end ? :blink: it looks pretty good to me, what's so bad about it ?

the nokia 6230 looks nice.how much does it cost and why is it good in your opinion ?

which service providor do you have?

585026689[/snapback]

that doesen't matter ... does it ?

i had (still have) a Sony Ericsson T610, its a great phone... software flashable so you can convert it to a T616 (improved signal strength) it can be flashed to a T630 and you can drop a t630 lcd in it... when i bought my Sidekick 2 (last night) My t610 had t616 firmware, t630 case & keypad, and a t637 antenna. great phone, the camera is decent quality (http://exiva.textamerica.com) i should have my sidekick 2 next week so ill be sure to post pictures and let people know how it is

585026846[/snapback]

Never had a Sony Ericsson in my hands.can't say anything about them.

PS: Can you post some pictures next time you suggest a phone.thanks in advance

the service you have will matter because not all phones will work with a service. The companies make phones specific for companies like Verizon/Cingular/Sprint. So a phone that works for cingular wouldn't work for verizon.

the service you have will matter because not all phones will work with a service. The companies make phones specific for companies like Verizon/Cingular/Sprint. So a phone that works for cingular wouldn't work for verizon.

585030977[/snapback]

don't worry about that :shifty:

just suggest some phones :cool:

Take a look at cnet reviews per the wireless providers. ATT and Cingular use the same GSM network, and infact the same company.

I absolutely love my Motorola v505. Nice address book, bluetooth, camera, excellent voice clarity and reception. Very solid phone all around.

I used to have a Nokia 6800, and it was nice with the fold out QWERTY keyboard, however the reception and clarity wasn't great.

If you are with verizon, I would say something samsung... possibly motorolla. I know the verizon disables some features on cells like some of the bluetooth capabilities in the v710...

For ease of use, motorolla if you can afford it. Nice solid phones by samsung. Nokia is really a hit and miss, i have seen and owned some nice ones like the 7160 and owned some really crappy ones like the 3150.

You may wanna look into smart phones if they have them, most of them have excellent features and are competitively priced, the audiovox smartphone is cheaper then my v505 with 2 yr contract and has nice features.

Again, google is your friend. so a search for cell reviews or something.

sorry, but I didn't understand most of the stuff you said.also I don't know about which phones you are talking about.i'm a total n00b at cell phones :p you have to speak in simple plain n00-bish language and provide some pics of the phones your are talking about

I would take the K700i instead of the t610.. but then, the k700i isn't offered in Canada, well at least in Ontario from retailers, so I'm stuck with the T610. :ninja:

thanks for your input fellas.

what about those 3 Siemens phones ? they look very nice, i realy like the design of 'em, especialy the M65.

but which of those three is the "best bang for buck" ?