7600 Review

Well I thought why not review it.

Ok, after bad luck with the A1000 and the E1000, I decided to forget Onestopphoneshop and tell them to get lost.

I stepped into Carphonewarehouse (which have the updated LG phone now "the 8130") and said, I want a phone for the minutes, and I dont want an LG, since I've got two and the battery sucks, what can you give me?

My eyes wandere pass the 7600, naturally.

I always said to myself, I HATE this phone! I'm never going to buy it (and I didn't) but I got it for free and I can't complain.

The deal I got was the phone for free and 750 minutes a month and 150 sms for 9 pounds! OR 500 minutes and 100 sms for 5 pounds. I chose the higher tarrif.

I should mention that this phone does not have VIDEO calling. Some may ask, "what's the use of a 3g phone if it doesn't have video calling?" Well there are a number of reasons, you can still watch the streams and in my case, I simply wanted the minutes.

So here we go:

Specs:

29 MB internal memory, Dualband, UMTS, does not support memory cards and has one camera (a VGA)

Screen: 65K screen

System: Series 40 (45)

Sound: Simple Speaker with support for Poly and Real sound

Connectivity: Bluetooth, Cable, IR, GPRS.

I apologize if the pictures are a bit blurry.

What you get:

1.jpg

In the box you get the battery, a headset (which looks great, like an iPod heaset), a Sync CD, Sync cable, charger, battery cover, a nice manual, a little sleeve case, and a handstrap.

The CD includes the typical sync and apps that come with a nokia.

So after putting the phone together, I switched it on and immediately noticed that the phone didn't animate as it switched on. This could only mean that it runs on the old Series 60 symbian system. There's no problem really, just the fact that you cant have themes on it. (there are apps that can allow you to do that though)

Below are a few pics of the phone.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Note: The small button on the left is for the power. The right is for the camera.

4.jpg

Note: Notice the pop port.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Note: In order from left to right. IR, Volume buttons, Recorder button.

To be honest, the phone may look bulky, but it's not that bad. It doesn't feel very nice at first to hold when talking but you get used to it. Browing however feels great thanks to the soft buttons and the d pad.

8.jpg

Sound Quality on the phone is alright. To be honest, it sounds a bit week unless on max volume. Could be better in my opinion.

Video:

As with almost all nokias on a series 60 it plays 3gpp and real files.

Thankfully, this is the only 3 phone without any branding at all. Not bad!

Oh, I should mention that there is a little Three icon on the menu that directly links to the 3 garden BUT you can remove it in the settings! Nice little touch.

Organizer

Exactly as any series 60 system.

Calendar, tasks, notes, alarms, timer, stopwatch, record sound, calculator and code memo

As mentioned previously, there is also any easy SYNC feature.

Phonebook

A basic phonebook that shows the names of the people, you can have the thumbnail show if you want.

Pros

Easy to change settings.

Well built (if a bit plasticky).

Feels nice

No branding.

Good screen.

Very good battery life for a three phone.

Cons

100 MB cap on free content

only 29mb memory with no expansion

3 garden is slow at times.

65k (but people can live with it)

The phone is not bad, it's growing on me. What attacts me the most is the deal. If you want a phone for the minutes, streaming, dont care about video calls, and want a 3g phone with good talk time go with this!

If anyone has any questions please let me know! I'll be happy to answer!

A few sites for ordering include

http://www.carphonewarehouse.co.uk

http://www.three.co.uk

http://www.nokia.com

note: P P after each other shouldn't show the pp face!

sigesato.jpg

or Try Oxygen Inc. or Aqua-Side Oxygen-X

Edited by amnesia_kei

it's not that bad actually lol.

You hold it in a leaf shape towards your ear. Look closely to the pic and in one of the corners you'll see the holes for where your ear should go.

It's smaller than you'd expect to be honest.

to be honest, it's one of the phones that you have to play around with.

It's not that bad. (this comes from a guy who swore never to get it)

@ bobster, thanks for that, I posted the review on a few sites and forgot to fix that here. I also used a previous review template of mine and that's why i wrote two speakers. Thanks again for the heads up!

e2save.com are doing a 12 month free line rental (by cashback) for the talk and text 600 tariff (500 mins and 100txt)

Go have a look. I'm thinking of "buying" one.

Read the terms and conditions before you do.

:D

lol that's Nokia for you. I should mention that e2save does give you the phone for free and free line rental, you basically pay for nothing at the end of the day by claiming the money back, BUT it's a net company, so if you have a problem, you have no physical place to go to. Just a little reminder/warning.

The phone in general is nice because you get looks lol. It's very fast for a nokia since it runs off of Series 45.

If anything, get it for the great deals you can get.

lol that's Nokia for you. I should mention that e2save does give you the phone for free and free line rental, you basically pay for nothing at the end of the day by claiming the money back, BUT it's a net company, so if you have a problem, you have no physical place to go to. Just a little reminder/warning.

The phone in general is nice because you get looks lol. It's very fast for a nokia since it runs off of Series 45.

If anything, get it for the great deals you can get.

585068740[/snapback]

but e2save is part of Carphonewarehouse.....as the site says....

At e2save.com, part of the Carphone Warehouse Group

Plus the company has a physical address. I know of a number of people who are customers and they all seem to be more than happy with them.

The phone is still ugly though.......soooooo badly designed.... :pinch:

nice review but sorry to say man good deal or not , its fugly , its girlie, its dumb lookin , its not easy to hold & it doesnt have symbian .

one of mah buddies has it ( he imported it from uk for abt 135$ & he thinks he is real cool to have one ) all i can say --mah bad

@ Rahul, I'm not defending the phone since I've already given it away, but these design's help inspire other companies to inovate. I've got small hands and it's easy to hold, and it DOES use Symbian. If you read my review you would see that it uses Symbian Series 45.

Note:

Carphonewarehouse had a new deal! TWO pounds a month for 500 mins and 100 messages and the phone is free.

TWO FRICKIn' POUNDS!

by looking at them pics you would think they are fugly... but when you have one in your hands it's different, it was way smalller then i thought it would be ( fits in the palm of my hand ) and it is pretty good looking