[DEFINITIVE] Nintendo DS Thread

Is there a date for the US version of Nintendogs yet? I'd import but the only thing I know in Japanese is Itadakimasu!

585855437[/snapback]

I have no clue. I just found it interesting that the amount of systems being sold in a week increased FIVE FOLD due to a game.

it is a pretty interesting game...the local Toys R Us (yes they have them even in Japan) had it as a demo...got to play a few seconds before a little 5 year old tried to push me out of the way...

anyway, its an interesting concept and amazing how well the dogs respond. They have 3 different versions here, each of which has 4 or 5 dogs you can choose from...

it is a pretty interesting game...the local Toys R Us (yes they have them even in Japan) had it as a demo...got to play a few seconds before a little 5 year old tried to push me out of the way...

anyway, its an interesting concept and amazing how well the dogs respond.  They have 3 different versions here, each of which has 4 or 5 dogs you can choose from...

585885597[/snapback]

All 3 versions of all breeds of dogs.

What differentiats the versions, is which are the initial dogs you will get, while rest of them will be unlockables.

All 3 versions of all breeds of dogs.

What differentiats the versions, is which are the initial dogs you will get, while rest of them will be unlockables.

585890723[/snapback]

Think of it as kinda like pokemon games, meaning that each game only has access to certain dogs, and if you want all the dogs you must buy all 3 versions...

there could be some unlockables as far as dogs, but I am not too sure about that

Think of it as kinda like pokemon games, meaning that each game only has access to certain dogs, and if you want all the dogs you must buy all 3 versions...

there could be some unlockables as far as dogs, but I am not too sure about that

585897896[/snapback]

You don't have to buy all three, just link up with other people that own the other versions.

IIRC none of this is confirmed for the US release, they're considering some other ideas here. Perhaps even just putting all the dogs in one version. Could be wrong though :p

E3 2005: DSpeak?

A mysterious tech demo will make a showing at E3 this week.

by Craig Harris

May 16, 2005 - At Nintendo's still-in-construction Electronic Entertainment Expo booth, we spotted a sign that's spotlighting a DS testing station. On this test station, players will be able to experience something called the DSpeak Tech Demo.

Details were too tiny to read from our perch, but the images on the DSpeak sign featured Mario on the upper screen of a photo of the Nintendo DS system. The demo could potentially be a text to speech demo, or possibly a way to send voice via the built-in microphone and the system's Wifi networking on the Nintendo DS system.

Whatever the DSpeak Tech Demo is, we'll have details as the days of E3 2005 go on this week.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/614/614541p1.html

whats going on

why is this no longer stickied???? :rolleyes:

:angry:

and the psp thread?

have these threads reached their age limit?

Edited by Alpha2004