With firewall..no network...please help

I'm networking my main computer to my laptop and in order to do this I have to disable my firewall......the last two days "klez" has tried to hit me over 50 times and my firewall has stopped it.....but I can't network......

Does anyone know how to use the firewall and still network?????

I can't stop the klez from coming in....I have the company name and IP address of where it is coming from and don't know how to stop it except with the firewall.

Please help

what firewall are you useing? hardware or software? if it is software then you have to allow connections from your laptop's IP. if you have Norton firewall then i think it has a wizard for this.

I am using Zone Alarm on my main computer (not pro) and both main and laptop have Norton 2002 virus protection...main has XP Pro and laptop has XP Home

Can you help me?

This is what I am doing.....My main computer can see everything on my laptop when I am networked but my laptop is being denied access to the main computer...even though I have told my main to allow it....so I am actually doing Remote Desktop which is better because I have complete control of my main computer...but I can't even Remote with the firewall up.

solution, uninistall the firewall :lick:

i don't understand, if you have the ip allowed for your laptop. what about client for microsoft networks? maybe the firewall is blocking that. check the Zonealarm web site support under networking

The solution is not to uninstall the firewall....I just said in the beginning.....the firewall is the only thing saving me from the virus "klez" that is trying to get into my computer.....I need a firewall but I can't use it and network at the same time

Question: How do you use a firewall and network at the same time????????????????????

Read the manual. You must allow that application on your main pc to interact with the network so that when you do a remote desktop zone alarm allows that app to respond.

Not sure what manual you are referring to......I have checked, rechecked and rechecked again and told my main computer every place that I can think of to allow my laptop to access it, but the main will still not allow the laptop in, so that is why I am doing Remote Desktop which is really better.....now as far as telling the Zone Alarm to allow the laptop in.....I've never done anything like that and when other applications want access the main computer will give me a message asking if I will allow it......but in trying to access the main from the laptop....no message appears asking for access.

This solution sounds good, but I don't know how to let someone in thru the firewall. Does anyone know????