What is your replacement for NHL Hockey?

Since the NHL is locked out, what other sport is filling the gap?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Since the NHL is locked out, what other sport is filling the gap?

• NLL (indoor lacrosse)
    • NFL
    • NBA
    • European Hockey
    • AHL (or other non-NHL north american professional leagues)
    • Junior Hockey (QMJHL, OHL, WHL)
    • Classic NHL games (or any rebroadcast hockey series)
    • World Series of Poker
    • Other
    • I never watched NHL hockey

I'm looking forward to NLL lacrosse in January. If the lockout is still on, that'll probably replace my hockey fix. It is, after all, rather similar.

Until then, I have found myself watching some of that World Series of Poker stuff. It's fairly entertaining. I've seen the odd non-NHL or classic NHL game.

I have yet to watch more than a few minutes of any NFL or NBA game this season but I did watch some CFL playoff games back when that was on.

always loved the nfl, but i miss my hockey. after the super bowl, i guess ill watch a little more college basketball than normal.. and ill be more excited about spring training than ever

always loved the nfl, but i miss my hockey. after the super bowl, i guess ill watch a little more college basketball than normal.. and ill be more excited about spring training than ever

585041793[/snapback]

I forgot about college sports. They get little interest up here. I was about to say that it includes our colleges too but perhaps I should go a bit further and say especially for our colleges.

I'm lucky to have an AHL team in the city where I live at. I only go to 1 game a year, but I need to go to more games. I have started to play more hockey games to past the time. I'm currently playing NHL Hitz Pro. I do have NHL 2k5, which I'll play once I'm tired of NHL Hitz Pro. At least they are meeting next week. Its better then nothing.

Wait...you mean there actually was a Hockey league?......with professionals?

oh yeah I remember now guys like Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky, and Mario Lemeiux used to play right?

since those days I haven't cared much about professional hockey so it can stay gone as long as it likes

ITCNS