tt butterfly PSU

hi people i had a thermaltake butterfly 480W PSU now for about a month powering my OCed system. i saw on the forums that some had been able to OC their P4 3.20E to over 4Ghz on water, but mine become unstable @ 3.9+ on water (37C~47C). so im currently im @ 3.84Ghz voltage @ 1.50V, restart and the bios monitor says ive got 1.45V. :o

in windows Motherboard monitor shows 1.52v, which is all good. so i started up prime95 to test the stability, and to my horror the voltage droped as low as 1.39V!!! it hangs around 1.42V, thats a drop of 6.58%!! :angry: no wonder the instability @ higher clockspeeds... :no:

so does any1 use this PSU? and have you noticed the same problem or is it just mine :huh:

BTW no drop on the other rails..

heres my specs:

P4 3.2E @3.84Ghz FSB240

6800 GT 1.4V @ 410/1170

1G ram (Corsair XMS3200C2PT 512Mb @ 2.5-3-3-8 240Mhz) x2

P4C800 Deluxe

SB A2 ZS Plat Pro

1x160Gb 7200rpm HD

Dangerden TDX, 6800block & maze4 chipset

post-83807-1102220431_thumb.jpg

ASUS boards are known to have pretty bad voltage droops. The droop mod can fix that. I've done it on my p4p800 and the voltage only drops 0.02 at the most, but I can't say how much it will do for stability since my chip is a crap OCer to begin with. From what I've heard, it is good for stabilizing your max OC.

ASUS boards are known to have pretty bad voltage droops. The droop mod can fix that.

585043696[/snapback]

does that require soldering?? cus im a college student and.. aint got the tools :no:

yeah, you need a 28k ohm potentiometer an old IDE cable, a soldering iron and some real steady hands. (something i dont have so my board got a little singed :p)

cheers for the link Rob2687.. i'll have to get myself some soldering iron and stuff soon :happy:

so does any one know if the butterfly PSU is any good? thinking of getting the OCZ 600W :woot:

yeh tis fine for wht u have

585051602[/snapback]

Other then wot i've stated in my specs i have got 2 DVD rewriters, 3x120cm fans, 4 UV cold cathodes, and 2 74G raptors on the way.. is that still enough? :huh:

Your PSU should be plenty enough to power what you have, trust me, I have a similar setup. Although I question it myself sometimes.

585052084[/snapback]

really? so wots all this fuss on getting a PSU with a 12V rail with "at least" 20Amps? :huh:

i cant really imagine how much more power other comupters drain, not including extreme cooling i.e pelt or phase change. the butterfly has a 18A 12Vrail btw.