[NBA]L.A. deals guard for second-round picks

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Los Angeles Lakes guard Kareem Rush was acquired by the Charlotte Bobcats on Monday for two second-round draft picks.

The Lakers received Charlotte's second-round picks for 2005 and 2008.

"He has great size and athleticism, he can shoot the ball well with range and because of his length he can play more than one position," Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff said.

Toronto made Rush the 20th overall pick in the 2002 draft, then traded his rights to the Lakers. He averaged 4.6 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists in his first two seasons.

He's averaging just 0.9 points and 1.2 rebounds in 6.5 minutes this season, but has been bothered by a right ankle injury and struggled to crack the lineup behind Kobe Bryant and Caron Butler.

Rush played in all 22 playoff games with the Lakers last year. He scored a playoff career-high 18 points on 6-for-7 3-point shooting on May 31 against Minnesota in the Western Conference finals

Source Espn

heh I don't think Rush is that good. He's too much of a streak shooter. He'll either make them all or miss them all. Not the best for a team that needs more consistency like that Bobcats.

LA moved from Minnesota which would explain the Lakes. Also Utah moved from New Orleans which would explain the Jazz.

585062559[/snapback]

I suppose Toronto moved from prehistoric time, hence the Raptors :ninja:

LA moved from Minnesota which would explain the Lakes. Also Utah moved from New Orleans which would explain the Jazz.

Yea I know why they are named like they are, I just think it's funny. But explain the Chicago Bulls :ninja: :D