ipb or vbulletin

Question

i always though vbulletin was the best bulletin boards out there. then i realised that ipb costs way more. and that made me wonder why people would buy ipb if vbulletin was so obviously better. so now im wondering which bb is REALLY BETTER? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each (if anyone knows)?

thanks in advance.

p.s. im planning on buying one soon enough

I'd take IPB and even a couple of the free BBs over vBulletin personally, IPB is actually cheaper than vB too.

Edit- Heres the comparison:

Hmmm

5 Year comparison

IPB + Telephone support + Lifetime upgrades = $199

vB + Telephone support + Yearly Upgrades = $1780.00

(vBulletin Owned License = $160.00

Support Contract - 12 Months = $300.00 x 5 years = $1500.00

Upgrades x 5 years = $120.00 (1st year free))

Wonder which is more afordable  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

oh. well i wasnt planning on buying all the support and upgrades. i was just looking at the 160 flat for vb. but if all thats included in the price of ipb, that actually sounds better now.

what about speed?. i hear vb loads really fast.

I hear that the support on the phone with vB sucks and it is outsourced to India. Stupid outsourcing, they never know what they are talking about.

It depends on what skin vb or ipb is using for it to load faster and on ipb 2.0 you could just use the lowfi version to make it load almost instantly.

But overall i would say your getting more for your money from buying ipb 2.0 than vb.

does anyone know if neowin has any custom modifications done to it besides the skin? or this what i should expect from ipb, cause i really like this place.

sorry for asking so many questions

take alook at my forums, <<removed>> i have lots of mods i installed. shoutbox, portal, downloads section, member map, gallery, arcade, soon to be sketchpad. i love IPB and if you wanna test drive ti let me know, i have a test forum of ipb 2.0.3 up and running, ill let ya take alook.

I think that IPB is better software, but IPS are ******s and when the price includes "Lifetime Upgrades" I bloody hell don't believe them because that will last as long as "IPB will always be free". vBulletin (Y).

hahaha i just realized this...

in ipb go to any restricted folder, such as uploads, via ur web browser and u get this...

403: IBForums-> Forbidden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have reached this Page in error, please useyour back button to return to ibforums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get your free download of IBForums now!

i nvr knew ipb was free

hahaha i just realized this...

in ipb go to any restricted folder, such as uploads, via ur web browser and u get this...

403: IBForums-> Forbidden

You have reached this Page in error, please useyour back button to return to ibforums.

Get your free download of IBForums now!

i nvr knew ipb was free

585098997[/snapback]

Thats left over from an old version, its not called IBForums anymore either, the index.html pages were all updated with IPB 2.0.3.