New Fan is loud

When i brough it i didn't think it would be very noicey

Its a 60 * 60 * 25mm

4550rpm

noise 28dB

Migh be because before my pc was nearly silent but, 28db should not really be hearable

Maybe it needs running in?? what do you think?

probly the air flow....making a little check :p

Pluging cpu fan in to power lead thingy and case fan in motherbaord socket (so it will run slower)

4550rpm....lol

Fan on me cpu spins at 3000lol...

Well erm case tempature is 16oC :| Its must be doing somthing rite....apart from the noise you can here in the over room

I already faced such a problem but my fan was rated from 3 to 12v when I plugged it at 12v it made a very very huge noise, so I plugged it to 5v. Although it will cool less but it is quitter, unless u need that cooling u must live with the noise.

yeah its air flow...... Must be alot!

is 21CFM alot?

585059996[/snapback]

21CFM isn't that high. Average for your standard fan i guess.

I have a Vantac tornado, whilst that gives insane airflow of 85CFM, it also gives insane noise >50dB.

i wouldn't worry about noise, i have an akasa fan on my current heatsink that goes at about 5000Rpm and it screaches when it reaches that spead

that why ive got a Zalman 7000B-Cu, arrived today :) can't use it till Christmas as it was a present :p

Can you buy cases with fan control already on the case, so i don't take up one of the drive bays?? e.g. Power button below it fan control, if you get what i mean

yeah its air flow...... Must be alot!

is 21CFM alot?

585059996[/snapback]

1. 60mm sucks. you can get better (and quieter) cooling with a larger fan.

2. 21cfm is on the low side.

3. 4500rpm is pretty high. the sound could be a combination of fan noise and airflow noise.

conclusion: get a larger fan (you may need a better heatsink).