Monitor

I have phillips monitor

when i run 1024x768 it lets me to chose up to 75 hertz

but if i remove "hide modes" i can set it up to 200 Herts and it works

ho much should i better leave?

i'm working with 100 now... :whistle:

that boxed is checked by default for a reason, if you dont wanna make a nother thread saying "omfg my CRt just fried and smoked and jumped out my window!" then dont do it 75hertz is perfect DO NOT DO IT

Do you have an ATi Card?

If so, it's not actually running at 200Hz. Basically the card reads the DDC info off the monitor and will limit it to it's max refresh so even if you crank it up to 200Hz it will NOT go up that high, it'll just stay at 75Hz.

Do you have an ATi Card?

If so, it's not actually running at 200Hz. Basically the card reads the DDC info off the monitor and will limit it to it's max refresh so even if you crank it up to 200Hz it will NOT go up that high, it'll just stay at 75Hz.

585061334[/snapback]

just about to say that ;)

the human eye won't notice any difference in anything over 60 Hz, so it doesn't really matter.

yeh? but i had a monitor that displayed 60 hertz maximum! Believe me man that was a mess!

the human eye won't notice any difference in anything over 60 Hz, so it doesn't really matter.

585063455[/snapback]

Yes it can. I easily know the difference between 90 and 60 Hz. 60 Hz burns my eyes, and I can see the screen refreshing. Even 70 Hz will hurt my eyes after a while. I'm a bit picky, but still, there is a definite difference.

And Kilohertz? That's really not possible... That would be 100 thousand refreshes per second, I believe.

i have a samsung syncmaster 753dfx, max res is 1280x1024, would it be safe using a refresh rate 'that this monitor cannot display'? atm it is set at 60, would it be ok to untick the 'hide refresh rates' box and set it at 75hz?

i have a samsung syncmaster 753dfx, max res is 1280x1024, would it be safe using a refresh rate 'that this monitor cannot display'? atm it is set at 60, would it be ok to untick the 'hide refresh rates' box and set it at 75hz?

585063879[/snapback]

No. It's not there by default because you're not supposed to be running it. Just run 1024x768 and be happy, or get a larger monitor.

585063455[/snapback]

on crt monitor you can notice

i can spot a crt running at 60hz just by looking at it

585063455[/snapback]

Wrong - 1024x768 on my tft is a little blurred - 75hz is crystal clear. You shouldnt make uninformed sweeping statements like that :rolleyes:

Wrong - 1024x768 on my tft is a little blurred - 75hz is crystal clear.  You shouldnt make uninformed sweeping statements like that :rolleyes:

585064644[/snapback]

is 1024x768 your native resolution?