Brand New 6600GT problem :(

my new 6600GT arrived today, but a small problem has arisen.

I had a Radeon 9200 before, and it worked, games ran perfect

(apart from running them on low quality :p)

But after installing the 6600GT (i have uninstalled all the ati drivers)and the latest official forceware drivers

my games keep minimizing to the taskbar and when i click them to make them

fullscreen again, the screen goes black for a few seconds, and then minimizes back

to taskbar.

After about 8 or 9 frantic clicking spazams of the taskbar button lol, it

goes back into the game. This seems to only happen when the game is

at the menu or loading a map (Battlefield 1942/DC , and Battlefield Vietnam)

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

A very long shot and it's my only idea, is it AGP? If so, YOU LUCKY SOB YOU GOT ONE!!! Really though if it is, did you remember to connect the power supply thingy to it? If it's PCI-Express then I dunno honestly, sorry.

ok, i was going to format in the first place, cause i wanted it to be a nice clean install, but then i was told you could just remove the previous drivers and go from there. and yes i got an AGP one :p

thanks for your suggestions :)

Congrats on the new card, man. Mine just arrived today, too... Wo0T!!!! (XFX 6600GT AGP8x) I'd been avoiding gaming for quite awhile, since I built this system for WORK ONLY!!!*snicker, yeah right*

Man, I can't believe what I've been missing! Just tried Doom3, (not as good, gameplay-wise as I thought it'd be) and the graphics were AMAZING. Now I've gotta go shopping for some new titles. :)

I haven't seen the problem you're describing, but I am having a few of my own, namely the fan being a touch to large. I ended up losing a PCI slot, which sucks because I really didn't have any to spare... :( I even bought this card specifically due to what I thought was a regular size hsf. I guess it is, but it's just a few milimeters to tall, dangit.

Either way, it's a great card, so I hope you enjoy yours!

Congrats on the new card, man. Mine just arrived today, too... Wo0T!!!! (XFX 6600GT AGP8x) I'd been avoiding gaming for quite awhile, since I built this system for WORK ONLY!!!*snicker, yeah right*

585063593[/snapback]

lol almost the same as the excuse i had to get my computer - school! lol

yeah its so awesome, just gotta fix this minmize problem then im all good, oh and need some more ram too ;)

EDIT: hey s7un7 how do i use driver cleaner?

Edited by fmxer