1. 1. What Continent Are You On?

• Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia

Hey there, sparky:

con?ti?nent1  Audio pronunciation of "continent" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (knt-nnt)

n.

1. One of the principal land masses of the earth, usually regarded as including Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.

2. Continent The mainland of Europe. Used with the.

585075398[/snapback]

nope it aint Australia the contient is Australasia or sometimes called Oceania. Also north and south america are the same contient.

info got from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

nope it aint Australia the contient is Australasia or sometimes called Oceania. Also north and south america are the same contient.

info got from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

585076066[/snapback]

That link states that your view is just as correct as everyone else's. Here is a quote from the site (bolding is my own):

Sometimes Australasia or "Oceania" is used to refer collectively to Australia and the Pacific islands. Both terms, however, have fairly precise meanings.

Also this:

There is no single standard for what defines a continent, and therefore various cultures and sciences have different lists of what are considered to be continents. In general, a continent must be large in area, consist of non-submerged land, and have geologically significant borders. While some consider that there are as few as four or five continents, the most commonly used counts are six or seven.

That link states that your view is just as correct as everyone else's. Here is a quote from the site (bolding is my own):

Also this:

585076105[/snapback]

yes i was just going by what i was tought at school and found a site to back it up... to bad i didnt read through the whole thing :s . Any way we just call it Australasia or Oceania so that we dont make the other countrys such as New Zealand feel sad because they are in a continent that has another countrys name. :D

South America... Seems I am the only one.

585075366[/snapback]

welcome to Neowin (Y)

nope I'm SA Brazil too :p