I need help with my Video Card/POP Game

First off.. my system specs are

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

ATI Radeon 9600xt (128 MB, 8x agp)

PC 2700 512 Ram..

I am not upgrading my computer as I have NO money.

When Playing Prince of Persia sands of time as I am turning or running, the pixels dont stay alligned. Like say tehre is a piller, part of the piller moves slower tahn the other part.. and its like a rip or tear in my screen, 2 or 3 of them.

Someone told me its because my card is wayyyy too old, altho it came out after POP Sands of Time if I remmember correctly.

With my last card which was an Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 mb 8x agp OTES editon. it played FINE>.

I am using the latest drivers I think. But I'm not sure exactly how to find out.

This is realllyy annoying and no matter how far away from the screen I sit it is more than noticable.

It does this on the LOWEST settings and 640x480 as well.

I am admittidly unfamiliar with ATI Driver Settings so please help me.

CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO for a video of the problem

post-67330-1102606750_thumb.jpg

post-67330-1102606885_thumb.jpg

Edited by APLardi

wow, this is a serious problem with your video card. try installing driver. if that doesn't work, then reinstall windows. if that still don't work, then it's the card. you have to RMA it for a new one. i played pop with 96xt, it ran the game perfectly. good luck.

I just formated the other week. and it doesnt do this with other games.. i reinstalle dlke 4 diff drivers and it stil does it with vsync

however what is "wait for v sync"

I made a video of what happens using fraps and windows movie maker its less than 500 k.. PLEASE help :/

CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO

EDIT

I think I have fixed it.. but I'm not sure if i fixed it or if i just went crazy and imagined i fixed it lol... maybe ill post a video of it the way it is now. I guess I was mitaken. I thought that if you turn vsync ON it tears the screen and thats why ppl hate it? i hate no problems in UT or anything else...

Edited by APLardi

I made a video of what happens using fraps and windows movie maker its less than 500 k.. PLEASE help :/

CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO

EDIT

I think I have fixed it.. but I'm not sure if i fixed it or if i just went crazy and imagined i fixed it lol... maybe ill post a video of it the way it is now. I guess I was mitaken. I thought that if you turn vsync ON it tears the screen and thats why ppl hate it? i hate no problems in UT or anything else...

585072854[/snapback]

I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary in the video you posted, however POP does not support AA or AF. You must have them set to 'application preference' or it can cause major graphical glitches.

As for vsync, its quite the opposite of what you thought. Vsync prevents tearing; the reason why people don't like it is because it has a negative effect on framerates. This is because it requires the framerate to be equal to or less then whatever the refresh rate is on your monitor. So if your monitor's refresh rate is set to 60 Hz then the game will not run faster then 60 fps, and often times lower. It's really up to preference.

In relation to your driver inquiry, it specifies what version you are running in the second screenshot to the right in your first post. Up at the top you'll notice 4.11 which means you are using version 4.11. I suggest you get the 4.12 betas, they are all around better.