clemens on roids?

hey guys

i just thought of this. now i have nothing against rogers clemens, but how come he is never put in the same category as bonds with steroids? im not saying he is on it, but in all honesty, he has gotten bigger over the years, he is what, 42 yrs old and just won the cy young award? has some roid rage with the bat throwing incident at piazza. i know he supposidly has the hardest workout ethic in the majors, but they are just a couple thoughts i had, what do you guys think?

hey guys

i just thought of this. now i have nothing against rogers clemens, but how come he is never put in the same category as bonds with steroids?  im not saying he is on it, but in all honesty, he has gotten bigger over the years, he is what, 42 yrs old and just won the  cy young award?  has some roid rage with the bat throwing incident at piazza.  i know he supposidly has the hardest workout ethic in the majors, but they are just a couple thoughts i had, what do you guys think?

585073701[/snapback]

I don't think he's bigger as time goes on...plus, it's a matter of consistency with him. he never took a huge jump in his stats like Bonds did.

Did they say something about Clemens being detected with steroids, because I thought to myself, "why would a pitcher use steroids?"

Of course, these is all rumors. I wouldn't be surprised if he did use them.

See, I don't get how people defend one person and automatically attack others.  Maybe because you dislike the others, that's why you accuse them instantly.

585076280[/snapback]

I assume you are referring to Bonds. All this Bonds chat started after he admitted it, not while it was just speculation. In todays game it is probably not unfair to suspect everyone. But once it becomes a matter of fact, they should all be treated the same!

See, I don't get how people defend one person and automatically attack others.  Maybe because you dislike the others, that's why you accuse them instantly.

585076280[/snapback]

I can't stand Clemens, but the fact that he took steroids? The physical evidence is not there. Simple as that. Barry's nugget has swelled like twice his normal size.

585076280[/snapback]

Another thing is that Bonds took alot of heat before he admitted it because of his trainers involvement with BALCO. So it was easier to assume his guilt.

plus, its not like clemens all of a sudden turned into God. Clemens has always been an awesome pitcher. He's been a winner his entire career, and he's been dominating his entire career. Hes a little bigger now than when he started, but not all that much, and he didnt just explode one year.

Look at what steroids has done to Jim Thome, he now has a Babe Ruthish figure. :D

My dad and I were joking about that. Thome must be the only homerun hitting contender that doesn't use steroids. Or at least just looking at him he doesn't look like he is taking them.

All this Bonds chat started after he admitted it, not while it was just speculation.

585077613[/snapback]

If you were here a few months back, you would've noticed threads here that accused Bonds of steroids, so it did not just start when he admitted it. For some reason, people want screw Bonds and what he has done. Even the federal agents are leaking out his court documents to screw him. It's like a conspiracy to doom the poor guy. Steroids isn't the sole reason why he has 700+ homeruns, it's skill as well.

If you haven't noticed, his homerun average is pretty much consistent. He has been averaging around 45 a year ever since 1996. His only breakout year was his homerun breaking year. Before 1996, he was hitting in the upper 30 in homeruns.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/bondsba01.shtml

Ok.  You average 45, with one year at 73?&nbsp:|:|

585080602[/snapback]

his homerun average is pretty much consistent. He has been averaging around 45 a year ever since 1996His only breakout year was his homerun breaking year.b>

Bonds is a jackass and so are all of his groupies who defended him saying "No he isnt on the juice, hes just good" i laugh at you morons now because there is no defense he took roids end of story.

OT a pitcher could take roids, help them gain leg muscle, pitching is all about legs if you have powerful legs you throw hard and dont wear out your arm because the legs are doing a lot of the work. Just look when schilling had that ankle problem he threw with all arm and it hurt and he had no lower power. I remember a few people said Gange was on the juice.

I remember a few people said Gange was on the juice.

585080634[/snapback]

Why not just blame everyone while you're at it? Lets just start blaming Ichiro as well because he did break the hits record, therefore he's not legit :no:

When Petite went over with Clemens, before getting hurt, Fox had a mini report on Clemen's work out routine. I would say, after all that work, yeah a guy could get to his proportions. He's not overly big like Bonds is and Giambi was.

Its as if members on this board are just pointing fingers and not knowing how people get like that. Clemens routine, like bangbang was saying was pretty redic with the amt of running and excersize he did. Nolan Ryan had a similar routine but with much less weight excersize.

For geeks who do not know. Steroids themselves do not make you more muscular. Its like getting a better motherboard, and letting you have the possibility of getting faster processing speeds and quicker memory. Instead of having to wait a few days to work the same muscle, you can work it out sometimes the next day, if the routine was not overly excruciating. Muscle tissue grows back quicker because everytime you lift heavy weights it tears muscle tissue, as we all (i guess most) know

Why not just blame everyone while you're at it?  Lets just start blaming Ichiro as well because he did break the hits record, therefore he's not legit :no:

585081703[/snapback]

Oh god go cry you panzy, just because your lifetime hero was caught and then admitted to using roids doesnt mean get your panties in a bunch. I said i remember reports metnioning Gange might have used roids, they said he gained 10+lbs of muscle and gained 4-5 mph on his fastball and it was just speculation. God you need to stop ****ing and moaning

Oh god go cry you panzy, just because your lifetime hero was caught and then admitted to using roids doesnt mean get your panties in a bunch. I said i remember reports metnioning Gange might have used roids, they said he gained 10+lbs of muscle and gained 4-5 mph on his fastball and it was just speculation. God you need to stop ****ing and moaning

585081754[/snapback]

He's not my hero, that's number 1, and number 2, this is a board that allows free speech, therefore I can defend whomever I want just like you can attack whomever you want. Do you see me attacking you because of your views? No, because I respect them, so respect mine and go take a hike.