FX5600 or 9600 XT ?

Performance wise, which is better?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Performance wise, which is better?

• 256MB nVidia FX5600
    • 256MB ATi RADEON 9600 XT

im by no means an expert anymore with gfx cards. its got too much for me in the last few years trying to follow them :D

if its a normal run of the mill 5600, i'd think the XT would be superior.

not sure if 5600 ultra's are any better.

a friend iof mien owns a 5600ultra and in halflife 2 it runs in Dx8 mode the Fx cards no matter witch one will only run DX8. Fx is not a true Dx9 card therfor in games sutch as HL2 it will only be detected as a Dx8 card. oh by the way the 9800 pro is now 178$ or so

a friend iof mien owns a 5600ultra and in halflife 2 it runs in Dx8 mode the Fx cards no matter witch one will only run DX8. Fx  is  not a true  Dx9 card  therfor in games sutch as HL2 it will only be detected  as a Dx8 card.  oh by the way the  9800 pro is now 178$ or so

585075973[/snapback]

So the FX5900, 5950, 5700 Ultra and 5800 don't run in DX 9? Really...

Anyways, the Radeon 9600 XT hands down!

a friend iof mien owns a 5600ultra and in halflife 2 it runs in Dx8 mode the Fx cards no matter witch one will only run DX8. Fx  is  not a true  Dx9 card  therfor in games sutch as HL2 it will only be detected  as a Dx8 card.  oh by the way the  9800 pro is now 178$ or so

585075973[/snapback]

Just because HL2 doesn't default to DX9 with that card doesn't mean it doesn't support it at all. DX9 blows on the FX cards so they just set it to dx8 by default. All you have to do is use to -dxlevel 90 command to change that.

Just because HL2 doesn't default to DX9 with that card doesn't mean it doesn't support it at all. DX9 blows on the FX cards so they just set it to dx8 by default. All you have to do is use to -dxlevel 90 command to change that.

585076053[/snapback]

Actually, you have to do more than that since doing only that can cause rendering problems. Don't ask me...that's what I've read around the place for Half-Life 2. As for any other games, who wants to buy a card that doesn't run DX9 well and by default runs DX8 so you have to change the settings? Just take it easy, get a 9600 XT or 9800 Pro, and let the card do its work without having to bother with anything else. 9800 Pro also scores better than the 5900s in benchmarks, so why bother with the entire FX series which has larger and noisier cards?

wasant a wast for you since you prolly dont play many games and dont care if the game runs in Directx 9 . the Fx series fault lies in the design of the GPUs missing structur and features/ hardly floitingpont caculation of any type witch are essintial to a Directx 9 pipeline an order to succefully caculate advanced data types and shaders. now without FP types or Pipeline evan if half the Pipline is FP based if ther is not enough register space for the Data types being imputed to the Pipeline and since only half is FP based then right at a point it losses connection to the type of data trying to render and then just uses a backboned version of the Pipeline witch would be Directx 8. the Fx series has Partial FP pipeline but only lest say 1 Slice of Pie is not the whole pie or half. evan if the Fx had a full FP caculation pipeline and supported Directx 9 the microsoftway not Nvs. propriotery Dx9 codeing . it would have not had the register space to store the data needed the performance would have still been a big issue.

Now this should really help . i know lengthy but i tried to be a little techniclle about why it dosant support Dx9