Norton Goback

Question

my brother has norton goback and he ran gigabyte xpresse recovery to back up his hard drive and now when he starts it says:

"Norton Goback dose not have the abillity to restore the mbr and bpb when it is in doubt about its backup copies.if the mbr can be restored by another utility from a backup copy ,your data should be intact you may boot to floppy to bypass the norton goback boot driver"

any would would be appreciated thanx in advance

13 answers to this question

my brother has norton goback and he ran gigabyte xpresse recovery to back up his hard drive and now when he starts it says:

"Norton Goback dose not have the abillity to restore the mbr and  bpb when it is in doubt  about its backup copies.if the  mbr can be restored by another utility from a backup copy ,your data  should be intact you may boot to floppy to bypass  the norton goback boot driver"

any would would be appreciated thanx in advance

585076233[/snapback]

I wouldn't mess with that gigabyte xpress crap. I tried it once, and seemed useless. I haven't used goback since the days when it was called "adaptec goback." The program worked fairly well. Sounds like a tough one. I'd try booting from the floppy like it says, unless your lazy like me and didn't make it :) Google around and see what you can find out about bypassing either program.

I wouldn't mess with that gigabyte xpress crap.? I tried it once, and seemed useless.? I haven't used goback since the days when it was called "adaptec goback."? The program worked fairly well.? Sounds like a tough one.? I'd try booting from the floppy like it says, unless your lazy like me and didn't make:)t? :)?? Google around and see what you can find out about bypassing either program.

585076914[/snapback]

yes i was thinking about downloading the files and making the floppy or gett:pg one :p

i just copyed and pasted this and the link and sent it to symantec support

"Norton Goback dose not have the abillity to restore the mbr and bpb when it is in doubt about its backup copies.if the mbr can be restored by another utility from a backup copy ,your data should be intact you may boot to floppy to bypass the norton goback boot driver"

post-64875-1102712955.jpg

Edited by MvT Cracker

post-64875-1102713015.jpg

Edited by MvT Cracker

1. wait until symantec replies

2. make 1 or 2 posts not 6

3. goback is junk get something else, backup your data another way if you plan to use something as crappy as goback

585080397[/snapback]

my brother was using norton goback on his machine not me sorry i don't have a site to host the pictures off yet and u can't upload more than one picture at a time

my brother was using norton goback on his machine not me sorry i don't have a site to host the pictures off yet and u can't upload more than one picture at a time

585080462[/snapback]

Forget these people who have nothing better to do than complain about people's posting habits. They need to get lives!!!

Symantec bought the program from Roxio. That is why it's now called "Norton GoBack." Anyways...I've heard that program will cause the premature death of your harddrive. I tried it and didn't like it because my harddrive was always active (and noisy) due to the program constantly running. I would recommend Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost 2003. Both of these are great backup programs.

Symantec bought the program from Roxio.  That is why it's now called "Norton GoBack."  Anyways...I've heard that program will cause the premature death of your harddrive.  I tried it and didn't like it because my harddrive was always active (and noisy) due to the program constantly running.  I would recommend Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost 2003.  Both of these are great backup programs.

585087813[/snapback]

solved the problem reformatt but he isn't happy