Nvidia

:rolleyes: I am thinking of purchasing an Nvidia? 6600 chipset card. The card is actually made by Gigabyte?. I was curious if anyone had a card similar to this one and how well they liked the car:huh:h:

Here are the specs on the card:

Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce 6600/300MHz

Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/550MHz

BUS: PCI-Express x16

Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + TV-Out (S-Video) + DVI

Support 3D API: DirectX 9(Shader Model 3.0), OpenGL 1.5

Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

I am thinking of purchasing it from NewEgg.com, the price they've got on this particular card is $119.00. Is that a good price? Thanks for any input.....Peace..

sounds good. i have the xfx 6600 gt.

is that one not gt? i would get gt at least if you can afford it... that is if you plan on playing games. otherwise go cheap! :)

not much to say, 6600 is good. the stock cooler isn't very quiet, but not obnoxiously loud. the 6800s have advantage that their fans have a tachometer so it can be controled by software. 6600 however do not, its just power and ground so you're kinda stuck.

:yes: Thanks, my bro ClubNinja has the 6800. I was looking to upgrading cards an staying under $150. So I will check into the GT....Thanks again....Peace...

:yes:  Thanks, my bro ClubNinja has the 6800.  I was looking to upgrading cards an staying under $150.  So I will check into the GT....Thanks again....Peace...

585083900[/snapback]

The PCI-E 6600GT's are around $200. It's worth the extra $50 over the Vanilla 6660.

Yeah, Gigabyte's 6600GT is only $185 shipped. That's a good deal. You might want to check out Anandtech's 6600GT roundup as well.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295

only down fall I see that it's not the 6800NU. But nice anyway... :)

585084074[/snapback]

True, but 6800NU PCI-E cards are scarce right now, and overpriced.

True, but 6800NU PCI-E cards are scarce right now, and overpriced.

585084079[/snapback]

I agree with that, I'm looking to get a decent gaming card without having to fork over my first born for it. A lot of people want to keep up with the latest technology, but you know what they say; "A fool and his money are soon parted ways". So I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck so to speak. I don't care about FPS, just as long as I get stable game play on the games I enjoy. NFSU2, Doom III, UT2004, and FarCry...... :shifty: ;)

I agree with that, I'm looking to get a decent gaming card without having to fork over my first born for it.  A lot of people want to keep up with the latest technology, but you know what they say; "A fool and his money are soon parted ways".  So I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck so to speak.  I don't care about FPS, just as long as I get stable game play on the games I enjoy.  NFSU2, Doom III, UT2004, and FarCry...... :shifty:  ;)

585084712[/snapback]

The 6600GT handles those games at high res no problem.

The 6600GT handles those games at high res no problem.

585084750[/snapback]

Thanks guys...I think that I'll go with the 6600GT, since I don't have a PCI-Express motherboard right now. Peace.....Out.... :cool:

Thanks guys...I think that I'll go with the 6600GT, since I don't have a PCI-Express motherboard right now.  Peace.....Out.... :cool:

585087272[/snapback]

Whoa whoa wait a minute. 6600GT AGP's are still around $230. At that rate, you might want a 6800LE or even 6800NU. :huh:

what about a PNY 6600GT PCI-E?

does PNY make decent video cards, the reason I ask is because I work at best buy and can get my discount on one ( not sure how much though ). They are on sale on bestbuy.com for like $186 right now...so if I can get it for like $150 that would be sweet...

Or I can get a ATi branded x700 for like $166