Leinart wins Heisman

i think white fell victim to people voting for peterson. there was only a 2 vote gap between 1st and 2nd.

my mistake thats an expert poll not the actual voting results.

You have to like the guy. If I were him, I'd call up every single prick that gave him crap when he was the pudgy kid with glasses when he was young and laugh.

His story that gave on ESPN was quite touching. A geeky kid who was crosseyed and who was always picked on, got surgery to fix his eyes, and now is the Heisman winner. What a story.

I had eye surgery too. I want my Heisman, and my lucrative NFL contract. Oh wait, I've squandered any athletic talent I may have once possessed. :D

congrats. as much as i hate USC, there's no way peterson or white deserved that trophy. it's a shame that playing for a national title has pretty much been made a requirement for the heisman, as smith was really the most deserving in my opinion.

white didn't win it because he made a fool of every person who voted for him last year. he cruised through their cupcake shedule, won the heisman, and then lost their two biggest challenges of the year. that didn't sit well with most people...

Bah, Reggie Bush is better. White *lost* the trophy this year b/c of the two losses at the end of last season. If they had won those two games (or he at least played well), he would have won it; which only speaks of how the voters don't really evaluate how good a player is. They just come up with some names and pick the one who feels like they should win it.

Stefan Lefors (Louisville) played some of the best quarterbacking this year, but tough luck kid, he wasn't in the spotlight from the beginning, so he had no chance.

white didn't win it because he made a fool of every person who voted for him last year.  he cruised through their cupcake shedule, won the heisman, and then lost their two biggest challenges of the year.  that didn't sit well with most people...

585087627[/snapback]

Cupcake schedule? Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State are cupcake teams? The Big 12 is one of the toughest, if not the toughest conference in the country. Not only did OU win most of their games last year, they absolutely slaughtered their opponents. Yeah, they lost the last two games, but that is probably because they got a little too cocky after dominating so much last year. Anyway, congrats to Leinart.

The big 12 is an over ranked and over rated conference. They got money thats the only reason they get ranked so high every year. OU deserves to be in the top 3 but texas shouldn't even be in the top 15. You will notice how weak the big 12 is when both ou and texas get blown out in their bowls this year.

I disagree; the Big 12 shaped up to be a pretty good conference this year. Of course the best is still the SEC, but they weren't Pac 10 or Big East chumps either.

I'd say a big yes to that.

585094256[/snapback]

i agree 100% and if you want proof, look at the big 12's bowl record last year. the bowl record is the ultimate proof, and if i recall correctly, the big 12 went 2-5 last year...so much for being tough.