[NCAA] Pats' Weis new ND head coach

Charlie Weis is to become the new Notre Dame football coach, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

Sources close to the university have confirmed that the New England Patriots offensive coordinator has agreed on a six-year contract that will pay him approximately $2 million per year.

Weis will fly to South Bend after Sunday's home game against the Cincinnati Bengals and meet with the Fighting Irish football team that night.

A press conference to introduce Weis will be held on Monday.

Source: ESPN

Finally ND has a new coach. The article didn't say anything about Weis is finishing the season with the Pats or not.

as far as what they say around here in beantown he is to finish out his season with the pats. i hate that ND got someone of his ilk. they dont deserve anything good to happen to them after how they handled the willingham situation. and no i'm saying its racial but for them to dump willingham so they can go after the flavor of the moment(meyer) just shows how arrogant those boosters are. they deserve someone like.. like.. rich kotite! lol

as far as what they say around here in beantown he is to finish out his season with the pats.  i hate that ND got someone of his ilk.  they dont deserve anything good to happen to them after how they handled the willingham situation.  and no i'm saying its racial but for them to dump willingham so they can go after the flavor of the moment(meyer) just shows how arrogant those boosters are.  they deserve someone like.. like.. rich kotite! lol

585086665[/snapback]

Oh man, busting out the Kotite burns! :cool:

i was really suprised to read this when i got home. i don't know much about this guy though...i wonder how he will fit in with the expectations of the ND program. best of luck to em.

$omehow I think I would have taken the job too. ;)

585095881[/snapback]

Too much they ask for, no thanks. Do they think they can be national champs every year? Give me a break :rolleyes:

who cares? stncttr908 is right, from what i've read, ND had the alumni funds to pay anybody pretty much any amount they want. if you have the guts to take the crap if you do bad, you will pretty much get paid whatever you want.