"3"

I just got through watching "3" on ESPN, and as a lifelong Dale Earnhardt fan (as the story goes, I picked him out as my favorite driver when I was three years old) I was pretty moved by it. Barry Pepper did a great job as Dale, and the end brought tears to my eyes. He was the closest thing I've ever had to a sports hero, and I think ESPN did a great job honoring him.

earnhardt_dale01.jpg

Barry Pepper was outstanding as Earnhardt. ESPN has done great work in the past, but this takes them to a new level. Everyone knew who Earnhardt was, no matter if they were a NASCAR fan or not. There are very few people in sports deserve a 2 hour movie on their life, but he deserve it.

I didn't get to watch it because I was at work, but I'm sure they'll rerun it during the week :unsure:

585086927[/snapback]

It's coming to DVD on Tuesday as well, if you can't catch it on at another time.

My friend made a funny joke about this movie if you have a sense of twisted humor, but might offend some of you..

"I wonder how it ends?"

:o

585089577[/snapback]

I'm not offended. It happened, what can I do? I still check Something Awful's Photoshop Phriday and Comedy Goldmine every week, and they still sometimes make jokes about his death. Some people are just going to act that way.

Maybe it's just me, but I skipped it seeing how horrible it looked from the commercials. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

585090770[/snapback]

I hated the Bobby Knight story and the Pete Rose story, but this one was really, really good.