P5GDC Deluxe or LANPARTY UT 915P-T12

Well basically I need a new motherboard for the 3.4GHz P4 I'll be getting tuesday and I I think it's come down to these two.

Asus P5GDC Deluxe

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=240342

DFI LANPARTY UT 915P-T12

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-136-145&depa=0

Basically I picked these two because they have PCI-E and support DDR1 ram. If you had to pick between the two which would you get?

I do plan on doing a little overclocking but nothing serious, and you should be able to do that with both of them easilty.

So what do yout think?

Well, Asus is one of the top motherboard makers, so you'll be hard pressed to find a better one than that. The only boards that are technically superior don't support DDR, like the Abit Fatal!ty. So there you go: you found a nice board at a nice price :D Enjoy :yes:

The 925x is an overpriced gimmick, and so is DDR2.

585090971[/snapback]

DDR2 is now faster than DD1 because it is CAS 2.5 on some chips and also 500MHz plus on most mobos

DDR2 is now faster than DD1 because it is CAS 2.5 on some chips and also 500MHz plus on most mobos

585090976[/snapback]

DDR1 is available all the way up to PC5500 which is still faster then even the CAS 2.5 DDR2, runs cooler and costs a good deal less.

Only for now... when low latency DDR2 ram comes out, (soon) it'd definitly beat DDR1.

585090636[/snapback]

No....If the latencies were the same, then they would perform the same. The thing is, with CPUs using FSB of DDR400, there is absolutley NO NEED for DDR2. It will only start making sence once memory speeds are required that DDR cant reach. The next step is an FSB of 1066. That's DDR533. DDR can do that without too much hassle. PC4400 RAM :D

No....If the latencies were the same, then they would perform the same. The thing is, with CPUs using FSB of DDR400, there is absolutley NO NEED for DDR2. It will only start making sence once memory speeds are required that DDR cant reach. The next step is an FSB of 1066. That's DDR533. DDR can do that without too much hassle. PC4400 RAM :D

585091023[/snapback]

Intel is probably going to use LGA775 for future processors right? so getting a board with DDR2 would get you prepared.

Well I bought the Asus board. I got that board so if I do decide to upgrade to DDR2 in the future I can, but for now I will be sticking with my regular DDR.

Thanks for all the info...

I am upgrading my system quite a bit now...woo...