[NBA]malone-bryant feud

On Nov. 23, Vanessa called Malone on his cellphone while both were at the Lakers-Bucks game. She invited him to bring his child up to sit with her, the L.A. Times reported.

Malone, who was wearing a cowboy boots and hat, brought the child to Vanessa, and then hugged Bryant's wife, the newspaper reported.

According to Manley, Vanessa then asked Malone, "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley told the L.A. Times, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

wow!! that was ballsy! :rofl:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6703149/

i don't really get it...superstars and their "problems"...

it sounded like he was trying to joke, but obviously that would depend on how he said it...

I don't think that started the feud. If it did, then Kobe's a moron... no revelation there, though.

And he was just trying to crack a joke, from the sounds of it, as BroChaos said. I don't think he meant anything by it. Then again, maybe I need to hear it in the context it was used... I don't know.

From reading the transcript of conversation, it seems to be a more profane statement rather than a come-on line, as Kobe eluded to.

I guess there are several ways you could take it. But, that doesn't mean this needs to be all over the news, either. My fiance is Mexican and has had some pretty grotesque comments made to her even at work but you kind of just have to excuse the ignorance and immaturity of alot of people these days.

This is kind of funny for Kobe, though. Sticks up for his wife in the court of public opinion after he cheats on her with a teenybopper. What a hero you are, Kobe. (Y)

Ahh you left out the best parts of the ESPN article...

"Karl and his son were at the game sitting in the front row," Pelinka said. "Vanessa was on the cell phone talking to Karl's wife, Kaye, and Vanessa said that her son looked bored. Kaye told her to call Karl to have her son join her in her seats. Kaye gave Vanessa Karl's cell number and she called him. When she called, Karl's response was, 'Why don't you come over here and sit next to me and give me a big hug?' Vanessa said, 'Why? For what?' And Karl replied, 'If you do that it will be on the cover of every magazine in the country.'

"Vanessa didn't know what to say because this was the first time she had ever spoken to Malone without Kobe or Kaye being around. Karl continued. 'Do you like me?' Malone asked her, to which Vanessa said, 'As my friend, Kaye's husband,' " Pelinka said.

"From there Malone asked Vanessa if she could keep a secret, and that he would like to tell her something. At which point Vanessa told him she was a married woman and he was a married man who was old enough to be her father. To which Malone replied, 'Oh, like your daddy?' At that point she told me she ended the conversation," Pelinka said.

Haha, classic (Y) (Y)

Oh Michael Jordan...we miss you terribly.

585095289[/snapback]

Amen to that. I don't care for NBA Basketball since he retired for the last (we think) time.

Oh Michael Jordan...we miss you terribly.

585095289[/snapback]

No one is interested in class anymore. Granted, if I were in the NBA, I probably wouldn't be wearing suits like MJ did, but I would act civilized and try to get along with people. This kind of crap belongs on a daytime TV show, not in the NBA.

Sad when you long for guys like Charles Barkley, if we only knew how tame he'd be comapred to the guys today.

I love this quote of his:

NOVAK: Mr. Barkley, it's been rumored ... I think you've even said it, but I'm going to ask you straight, are you a Republican?

BARKLEY: I'm not either, to be honest with you. I made a joke with my grandmother one time. I was asking her, "Why are we always a Democrat?" I said, "Because you know, I don't know. Everyone in Alabama is a Democrat. Why are we Democrats?" She said, "... Republicans are only for rich people." And I said, "I'm rich." And she hasn't given me a viable answer.

I don't really go with either being a Republican or a Democrat. I like people.

SOURCE

If I'm not mistaken, Reggie Miller is pretty much the last of the "professional generation" of the NBA?

The NBA has players right now that could change the image of their reputation (Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Emeka Okafor, Amare Stoudemire) but it seems like they would rather have the drama queens.

Does he (Kobe) just want to play by himself on the court or something?

585091178[/snapback]

He already is.

This is kind of funny for Kobe, though. Sticks up for his wife in the court of public opinion after he cheats on her with a teenybopper. What a hero you are, Kobe. (Y)

585093169[/snapback]

well, she doesn't have the money to buy a rich G-string for her hubby :rofl:

Kobe is a drama queen. First the Shaq feud, then the rape trial, now this...

Did you ever have a girlfriend that always needed to start fights for no reason? It was only because she liked the attention when you have to try and fix the situation.

Kobe is the Laker's version of that girl.

Don't get me wrong, he's a top notch player and all but he needs to shut his mouth and just play ball.