CD Burning Problem

When I burn a cd of songs from any program (musicmatch,Easy CD-DA Extractor,Acoustica MP3 CD Burner & Windows Media Player 10 Series) I seem to only be able to get just 8 songs. After that all the other songs just seemed to scratch, hesitate or static. Has anyone ever had that problem? What do you think it could be? Here is some info that may be able to help someone figure this one out for me. I'd be very thankful if someone could!

What kind of media are you using? Using cheap media (not that you are) could be a cause of that problem. I burned an audio cd using Media Player 9 and the songs began to sound corrupted after about the sixth track. I did use cheap media, but that was the first time I used Media Player to make an audio cd. Used the same brand of disc with Recordnow and it burned and played with no problems at all.

I would recommend getting a burning program such as Nero, Sonic Recordnow or Roxio. I've used Nero and Sonic Recordnow and can say both are pretty rock solid.

It could be that you are trying to burn the CD at a writing speed beyond the spec of the Disc.

In CLV drives say if you select 48X it will not write at 48X the whole time, for example the first 40% it may write at say 16X then for then next 20% write at 24X then 32X and finally 48X for the last bit.