[MLB] Randy Johnson ... to the Yankees?

Report: Yankees may acquire Johnson in three-team blockbuster

December 16, 2004

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - The New York Yankees apparently are on the verge of adding five-time Cy Young Award winner Randy Johnson to their revamped rotation.

New York Newsday is reporting that the Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks have agreed in principle on a deal that could shake the balance of power in the American League.

According to the report, the Yankees would send righthander Javier Vazquez and prospects Eric Duncan and Dioner Navarro to the Dodgers. Los Angeles would send righthander Brad Penny, reliever Yhency Brazoban and outfielder Shawn Green to the Diamondbacks, who would ship the 41-year-old Johnson off to New York.

ADVERTISEMENT

The deal has a few minor details to work out - Johnson and Green have no-trade clauses in their contracts - but those particulars are not expected to hold up the deal.

:shifty:

I think the Diamondbacks get a pretty good deal outta that... Shawn Green is great and the Unit wanted out.

Yankees get another old pitcher... not sure how well he'll hold up deep into the playoffs. Good thing getting rid of Vazquez though, what a choker :rofl:

Yankees get another old pitcher... not sure how well he'll hold up deep into the playoffs.  Good thing getting rid of Vazquez though, what a choker  :rofl:

585115730[/snapback]

*Shakes Head* they just keep on depleting their farm system, lmao. it will be great to watch them go down again.

Old pitcher yes but his name is Randy Johnson. He will give the yankees what they need. I have come to realize that the dodgers know that they cant win next year so i think there gunna make cap space to get ready to build a team b/c look at who there getting rid of!