My dad won a billion dollars from spam

Front page news, is it? OK then.... :/

585129077[/snapback]

Don't worry man, with 50,000 users and probably 100,000+ readers, I think its kind of expected that your story would get posted there... now you should probably just get a new sn :)

I should stop posting so people will stop MANing me. God that's annoying. Did you all pick up on that before you came here or was that a Neowin-influenced thing? :(

585129130[/snapback]

I guess people just assumed you are male.

this was a spam email... do you think if you won a billion dollars, you'd recieve a notice in an email? and not a huge media frenzy at your door? lol give me a BREAk!

Congratulations, well done. If you have $1million spare I could really use it... school fees and the such like. That sounds like a bloody large payout. But will they payup I wonder.

I should stop posting so people will stop MANing me. God that's annoying. Did you all pick up on that before you came here or was that a Neowin-influenced thing? :(

I don't think you need to take offense, 99% of neowin is male. Besides that, when I am with my friends every one says "man, blah blah" no matter who they are talking to. It can be seen in this situation as the same saying "dude, blah blah blah.."

read : "Dude, you can't be serious!"- Linguist deconstructs the word, sees many meanings http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6676586/

I don't think you need to take offense, 99% of neowin is male. Besides that, when I am with my friends every one says "man, blah blah" no matter who they are talking to. It can be seen in this situation as the same saying "dude, blah blah blah.."

read : "Dude, you can't be serious!"-  Linguist deconstructs the word, sees many meanings http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6676586/

585129232[/snapback]

Yeah I get what you're saying too, but if you were a girl I don't think you'd want people calling you "man" all the time, even after you told them to stop.

I can't imagine all boys like it either. Why would you want to be called 'man'? It's like calling someone 'Jew' or 'Mexican'. You have a name; if people don't want to use it they can just refrain from directly addressing you at all. :/

(I wasn't offended, by the way. Just really annoys me.)

Anyway, back to people repeating the same 'hay can u gife me sum moneyz??' jokes over and over....

That is a neat story. Should make your life fun for awhile, hopefully the payoff is huge. Congrats on the excitement and the money, I truely wish you well and hope, if you get a large potion, that you do not become an ######.

I'd be interested in reading any updates to your story, as well.. it is pretty exciting.

Congrats. I really hope you get enough to pay for the damages at least.

May I recommend you go out for dinner with the family.

this was a spam email...  do you think if you won a billion dollars, you'd recieve a notice in an email?  and not a huge media frenzy at your door? lol give me a BREAk!

585129147[/snapback]

yes... if you win... share a million with your neowin brothers... and sisters ;)

585129193[/snapback]

she just turned 18, and already got pwnd by the internet lol

585130496[/snapback]

... What?

585130506[/snapback]

I don't think he read the article...

Anyway congrats, hope your dad can get some money out of them.

Edited by clide