Ejected Darius says he will appeal any fine

if i was in the game, i would be like, ya, bad hit, but owell. i would be getting paid millions, and i would know the dangers of playing a game with people whos job it is to run full speed at me and tackle me. its a game of big men against big men. stuff will happen, and you shouldnt cry about it all. its like a guy in a destruction derby contest who crys about getting hit on his driver side to hard, losing feeling in his legs, and saying, omg this is wrong! what do u expect to happen? there are dangers in something like that, and trying to make a example out of people isnt always the best way to go about things.

585134779[/snapback]

What you're saying doesn't work at all. I mean, where do we draw the line? If it's ok for me to clothesline you, why can't I kick you? Or punch you? I'm just trying to get you on the ground, so it's ok...right?

Fact is, there's a world of difference between any normal tackle and throwing your extended arm up under someone's chin. The rules are in place for a reason, and Darius blatantly broke one.

75 grand? thats it? That is pocket change for him. He should be out for the season, and fined at least 500 grand

585178003[/snapback]

Thank god you aren't the commissioner :ninja:

damn, thats quite a fine.  it's cool the guy went to see him at the hospital though.

585143589[/snapback]

I hadn't heard he did that. I never heard of anyone doing that. Nice.. maybe he didn't intent to hurt him.. just hit him good. Still think the type of hit he did was intentional, but that shows a lot of class.

I have seen the replay over and over and while he clearly clotheslines the guy, it looks like he is trying to strip the ball and not "tackle by the neck". Combine that with the fact that he has never had any kind of incident in the past and I think that is why he got off so light.