Iverson scores 50+ again

Can't this guy get a break?

He has no help from his teammates -- he's put up 54 and 51 in the past two games... How does a team lose when they have a player that scores 51?

The Sixers have one of the best players in NBA history, but one of the worst supporting casts in NBA history.

It's making me sick. :x

He has no help from his teammates -- he's put up 54 and 51 in the past two games... How does a team lose when they have a player that scores 51?

The Sixers have one of the best players in NBA history, but one of the worst supporting casts in NBA history.

585138056[/snapback]

They have nothing in philly other than AI. Sad really. He plays his ass off, not like some primadonna team destroyers I could name, but Philly never put a decent team around him. Like they expected him to lead the team to the championship all on his own.

Last I checked, all the greats had a good supporting supporting cast:

Jordan had Paxon, Kerr, Pipin, Harper, and elbow throwing Cartwright.

Alajuwan had Magic, KRambis, Worthy.

Bird had McHale and Parrish.

It's not rocket science.

I hope AI gets ****ed and demands a trade before he is too old, or too beaten up, to get his ring. He deserves it way more than Malone.

They have nothing in philly other than AI. Sad really. He plays his ass off, not like some primadonna team destroyers I could name, but Philly never put a decent team around him. Like they expected him to lead the team to the championship all on his own.

Last I checked, all the greats had a good supporting supporting cast:

Jordan had Paxon, Kerr, Pipin, Harper, and elbow throwing Cartwright.

Alajuwan had Magic, KRambis, Worthy.

Bird had McHale and Parrish.

It's not rocket science.

I hope AI gets ****ed and demands a trade before he is too old, or too beaten up, to get his ring. He deserves it way more than Malone.

585141219[/snapback]

Great players elevate the level of play of those around them.

he's one of my fav players but you're right, he doesn't have a team

nash has the best team right now

stoudemire, richardson, marion

and stupid lakers have to lose to the grizzlies... :crazy:

My suggestion before the season was to attain Antawn Jamison... Trading a bad contract like Robinson's plus Willie Green and a draft pick looked good at the start of the season, but now since Robinson is inactive and Willie Green is shooting in the 20 FG% range, nothing like this will happen.

585138056[/snapback]

I agree totally. Iverson plays with so much heart.

Iverson is such a thug. One of these days he is going to pull his piece of the court and gun down the rest of the team for being so useless. Bang bang. He basically is the whole team though, it is just sad that the rest of the team doesn't even offer any help. I can't believe the Sixers did not get Nelson from Saint Joe's during the draft. What a letdown.

He does score a hell of a lot, and he doesn't have much of a team, but he doesn't really strike me as much of a team player either. The 76ers best shot was when they had Dikembe, and it seems to me that he was just pulling the trigger over and over again.

AI's got hustle, but maybe he's not a team player. That might have something to do with them not being able to put a team around him. When you have a superstar, you know he's going to score a lot, but for AI to score 40+ so often... he's gotta be pulling the trigger like crazy. Maybe if he shows the coaches/ownership that he's willing to pass, they'll give him better people to pass to.

$0.02

look at his assist numbers.. over 7 assists a game to the players he has... that's equivalent to 10 assists per game on a good team

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per Game(28.7)

Ranks #8 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(7.1)

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.4)

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(41.5)

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Minutes Played(1038.0)

Ranks #5 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(238.0)

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts(572.0)

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Free Throws(214.0)

Ranks #5 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(264.0)

Ranks #7 in the NBA in Assists(178.0)

Ranks #3 in the NBA in Steals(60.0)

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points(717.0)

Ranks #5 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(11.01)

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(26.45)

Ranks #5 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(9.9)

Ranks #8 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(12.21)

Ranks #11 in the NBA in Steals Per 48 Minutes(2.77)

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(33.2)

MVP-type numbers if he had a winning team. :(

AI has been dropping hints that he wants to leave philly ever since 2001. He's made too many statements about how he loves philly, and I bet he regrets them now. He feels obligated to stay there for some reason.

Well, the only player in recent memory that has put up sick scoring numbers and had zero to show for it was Tracy McGrady. That guy would single-handedly carry the Magic every single night only to have one of the worst records last season. I think it was 2001 or 2002 when they actually made the playoffs and got ran in the 1st round...he almost pulled out a few games by himself.

Now he is in Houston with some decent players and the Rockets haven't done crap. I'm not saying the same thing would happen with Allen Iverson, I'm just using it as a comparison.

I think the Summer Olympics really changed Iverson. He doesn't play like he has something to prove anymore, he plays to win for his team.

I can sympathize with Philly fans, being a Warriors fan. Our owner is one of the most wealthy in the NBA yet he refuses to spend money on building a team. Instead, we've had to rely on the draft and using very veteran players (Clifford Robinson, Calbert Cheaney). We've got some really young, talented players (Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus) but the history of the Warriors front office says we will get rid of at least 2 of them soon.

Iverson is such a thug.  One of these days he is going to pull his piece of the court and gun down the rest of the team for being so useless.  Bang bang.  He basically is the whole team though, it is just sad that the rest of the team doesn't even offer any help.  I can't believe the Sixers did not get Nelson from Saint Joe's during the draft.  What a letdown.

585150544[/snapback]

I'd pay to see that. Seriously. Put it on PPV. AI goes Postal 2005. :p