To XBOX or not to XBOX?

Originally posted by silly_walk

Except for Simpsons Road Rage, that game makes me so mad. You can't even restart a level without waiting at least 10-15 seconds for the load. Agent Under Fire loads better than Simpsons, oh well. The others load in no time at all, thankfully.

You've just made a perfect example of the distinction between good games and bad games, those two games mentioned being the two worst example of gaming EVER....

...ON ANY PLATFORM...

i'm gonna get an xbox soon cuz it's gonna be for $199 now. I lil in my range now.

Except for Simpsons Road Rage, that game makes me so mad. You can't even restart a level without waiting at least 10-15 seconds for the load. Agent Under Fire loads better than Simpsons, oh well. The others load in no time at all, thankfully.

Ah..never played that one.

Anywho, yeah, I'm sure theres a few other games that have abnormally long load times. I never meant to say that they don't exist, just that the vast majority of Gamecube games have really fast load times or none at all.

When you play one of the few games with long load times, its so painfully obvious that its due to poor programming because why else would everything else load so fast?

Originally posted by Spyder

Ah..never played that one.

Anywho, yeah, I'm sure theres a few other games that have abnormally long load times. I never meant to say that they don't exist, just that the vast majority of Gamecube games have really fast load times or none at all.

When you play one of the few games with long load times, its so painfully obvious that its due to poor programming because why else would everything else load so fast?

I never thought you meant all games, I was just mentioning it because the other games load so well and this one, well, sucks for load times. I think it's because it's a PS2 port :D

"It has a HDD you can copy music to."

Don't you already have a stereo?

"It can play DVDs."

Don't you have a DVD player?

Those are not selling points. Those are Microsoft's way of saying "our system sucks, but it can do this instead of play games!"

If you want the best games, get a GameCube. It is outselling Xbox 5 to 1 in system sales in Europe. If you think its "kiddy" you need to grow up. "Kiddy" is a PS fanboy name that was given to it because it couldn't compete with the big names of the industry like Zelda and Mario.

I never thought you meant all games, I was just mentioning it because the other games load so well and this one, well, sucks for load times.

Was clarifying for other readers :)

I think it's because it's a PS2 port :D

hahahahahaha

So what if PS2 is a little bigger than GameCube? Its a video game system, they're made with power in mind, with style as a close second. I suggest you get a PS2 or maybe a GameCube. If you get Xbox, its only good games (Halo and NBA 2k2) will get boring after beating them over and over again. Just my 2 cents.

:)

-Andrew

Originally posted by Dazzla

Damn, have you played Halo? The loading times are immense. I suppose it's worth it though.

as for the other games, Especially Amped, they are worse then PS2 and that's saying something.

Loading times on my PS2 ****ed me off so the Gamecube and it's almost total lack of loading time was very impressive.

But like Spyder said, people are just Nintendo people usually and some people are not :ermm: .

Sounds cliche, but try them all, see what you like best.

a full lvl load takes about 10-15 seconds. but the levels are huge!

Definitely some intresting arguments here.

Now I went and did some research on the Gamecube and yeah it look like an alright console. More ten what I gave it credit for before. But its a little out of my what I want to spend on a console.

Question though, The XBOX has just come right down in price in AUS, ive heard something about another decrease late may or is that just for UK?

Despite what you might hear, there's a decent amount of good games on the Xbox. Halo, Rallisport Challenge (I can't believe no one has mentioned this game, it's great), Gunvalkyrie (got a poor review from GameSpot, look at the reader rating), Project Gotham Racing, Jet Set Radio Future, Dead or Alive 3 (you have to play this game to know whether you like it or not, it's a love-it or hate-it franchise...another poor review from GameSpot, look at the reader rating), etc...

Later this year there'll be Morrowind, Sega GT 2002, Shenmue 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, House of the Dead 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crazy Taxi 3, Soul Calibur 2, Hunter: The Reckoning, Brute Force, Phantom Crash, MechAssault, Toe Jam & Earl 3, Enclave, some Dreamcast ports (a dozen I believe), etc...

Granted some of those are PS2 ports, that's fine because you don't own a PS2.

If you want good Xbox reviews, don't look at GameSpot or Gamers.com, they're both at least a little biased (at least some of their editors are).

Guess it depends on what you like in the end though. Personally, I think the upcoming year looks much more promising for the Xbox than the other two systems, unless you're a big fan of Nintendo's first-party franchises. Just my opinion.

Boys I think a PS2 maybe the way to go for me

I just saw ShadowsMan: 2econdComming

and its only available on PS2, Damn I loved that game, the original, no PC version No XBOX version I fear that indeed A PS2 is the way to go for me now, I gotta play that game, thats the only ever game ive played on the most difficult setting and played right the way through with no cheats and played it right till the end.

Actually ive done it with some others, MaxPayne and all RTS games but ShadowMan was soo cool.