Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset

Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset

logitech_headset.jpg

Image from: Logitech.com

Review

I play counter strike a lot.. far too much. Infact according to some site im ranked in the top 5%. Top 5% of sad people who play cs too much! So clearly I needed a fairly decent headset that didn't cost too much. The Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset was a clear choice.

Comfort

As you can see from the image the design of this headset is behind your head which is very comfortable and fits very nicely. After many hours of play it does begin to feel a bit uncomfortable but taking it off for 10 minutes and put it back on is enough to rectify that problem.

Sound Quality

Ofcourse for ?20 you don't expect extremely good sound quality do you? You do, well, your not going to quite get it that cheap.

Having said that, for ?20 its clarity is very good and clear. You will definetly be able to hear enemy movement and gun fire going off thanks to this clarity. Also it keep background noise out so dont be too supriced if you turn round and someone is in your room because at loud settings you certainly wont hear them coming in. So definetly an edge gained here against other gamers.Microphone sound qualityb>

So, the headphones are good but not amazing but what about the microphone. Well, I have been using the headset for a while now and no one has ever said.. "what did you just say?" so im guessing they can hear me pretty clearly. Once or twice i've been told "that doesnt sound like you, but it is very clear". This is due to the fact that sound on cs source is compressed down so you dont quite sound how you do in "real life".

However, when recording my voice and playing it back it has been very clear, and can hear myself when wispering, shouting etc. The microphone allows very little if any background noise to get through. In fact even with a loud tv in the background, it keeps its interference to a minimum. As illustated in the video review link shown below. (see end of review).The remoteb>

A remote is included. The remote has the option to mute the microphone and adjust the volume. Also you can clip it on your shirt. However, it doesnt have a button for "activate speech" as is needed in counter strike however I have it configured to "activate" using the middle mouse button. A 3M cable is suplied which is plenty for even someone like me who sits quite a distance away from the main computer tower. Overallb>

Overall, in sound quality this headset wont compete with the best speakers but it is very clear sound and you can hear what is going on in game. The microphone is very impressive for online gaming and your team mates can hear you just fine. Set up is instant, with no additional software needed. You may need to have a quick look at whether you want the "microphone boost" option on windows xp, but again all these settings are easy to alter.

Great comfort, good sound quality, good microphone quality and good price. Overall.. ...... good. Top of the midrange.

8/10

Good!

Specs:u>

Price: Around ?20

Package Content

* Stereo PC headset

* User Guide

Technical Specifications

* Frequency Response:

o Headset: 20-20'000 Hz

o Microphone: 100-16'000 Hz

* Sensitivity: -59dBV/?bar, -39dBV/Pa+4 dB

* Cable length: 3 m.

System Requirements

* Standard 3.5mm line-in and line-out jacLinkage:

- Club Overclockers Review

- Video Review by 3dgame man

- Logitech Official site[/urBuy it:

www.ebuyer.com - search for extreme pc gaming headset

Edited by andi_kam

i got one from Circuit city and it was 30$ and i love it, its a logitech and its mic is awesome and the sound is so clear, i dont know th emodel number but when i get home ill post it.

that looks identitical to the headset i got with UT2k4 (except the color)

585211074[/snapback]

yeah same here... the headset it a little unfcomfertable, but i got used to it