Gateway suckS!!!!!

Gateway sucks. My gateway sucks. All new gateways suck. Im going to get a differnt computer now so I need suggestions. I am too lazy to build my own so, I am thinking of alienware, Dell, Or Falcon NW. Any more ideas? WIch one is better?

Seems to be the general public opinion in Australia too. They recently pulled out of the Aus market following an endless drought of sales....

I should probably add that i have no ill feelings towards Gateway products. I'm quite indifferent towards them really. I just prefer to build my own ;)

~Keldyn

Screw Gateway, Compaq and Dell. Dont buy a already made computer they suck!!!! The OEM loads all kinds of BS and they just suck! Build your own and make sure the chip is and AMD NOT intelNOT

Well it depends what you want it for. If your main intrest is gaming and money is not a problem I'll go with Falcon or Alien or Voodoo. But if you just want a good all around system go with Dell it will be cheper then the other 3, but it's still a good buy.

My bro has a rented gateway laptop. I think they are of reasonable quality and seeing as it is hard to custom make a laptop, they are good value.

...then there is the little issue of Gateway ceasing trading in Australia... :mad:

He recently snapped part of the chassis - It is under waranty, but the parts have to be imported from the US. :roll:

I agree with ya man, i would never own a Gateway, they are cheap to buy but you are paying for what you get, cheap mess!

I do computer repairs, and the computers that i see most, is HP. Compac, and Gateways. I have rebuilt so many gateways it is funny, the hardware is cheap, good chips maybe but built cheap. All they sale is a name, for HP and Compac......well we'll not go there, hah.

If i had to buy a pre build PC, i would go Dell, alienware......i don't about them.....i have seen a few of there systems, and then what they paid for it and i was shocked.....what to high for what it is.

xGROMx

MindBreaking Tech.

Just thought i would quote a little from Australia PC World November. It makes for some interesting reading if anything.

This is the Official Statement on their ( Gateway ) Website.

"Gateway regrets to inform all our customers that it will no longer actively sell its products in Australia and NZ; or from this ANZ Web site".

IDC Australia's published analysis is that this is the end of the firm in this region at least.

"The vendor is not going to have a similar opportunity to capture market share again as it did with the take over of Osborne. Add to that the harm that this is going to do to the vendors reputation internationally and you can pretty much right (sic) them off."

Just a few days later , and determined not to be so easily written off, Hewlett Packard announced its intention to take over Compaq, which itself had already taken over Digital Equipment in 1998 and Tandem beforehand.

Conclusion...

What is happening now in the PC sector is the latest incarnation of that rolling tide of change. Admittedly, it is being sped along by the slowing economies of the world, but it was ultimately inevitable as technology moves on, demand shifts and companies that cannot react swiftly enough disappear or get taken over, leaving a few empty chairs in their wake.

~Keldyn