Reggie White dies at age 43

the guy was a legend. one of the greatest to ever play the game. i grew up watching him and green bay was my favorite team when i was a kid. rest in peace, reggie, you'll be sorely missed. :(

Former NFL star Reggie White has died after suffering a massive heart attack Sunday morning at his home near Huntersville, N.C., ESPN's Chris Mortensen has learned.

The former Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles star turned 43 on Dec. 19.

"Today our beloved husband, father and friend passed away," White's wife, Sara, said through a family pastor. "His family appreciates your thoughts and prayers as we mourn the loss of Reggie White. We want to thank you in advance for honoring our privacy."

I just went to ESPN.com and I just saw it :/

I still remember him back with the Packers when he won the Super Bowl. He was such a great player to watch.

RIP Reggie White :cry:

Damn! The minister. My favorite deffensive player :cry: a great man, a very classy one. He will be missed for sure.

Not by me, personaly I could care less what makes his death more important then a kid that dies of cancer? Nothing. So why should i greeve for him more then the kid?

and for the record I live in Philly and the Eagles blow.

Not by me, personaly I could care less what makes his death more important then a kid that dies of cancer? Nothing. So why should i greeve for him more then the kid?

585173452[/snapback]

DarkMindsProject, why would you post something like this?

As I remember Reggie was a bigot and a racist. Look it up if you don't remember the comments he made about gays, asians and indians. Regardless if he could sack the quarterback well, its a loss for football, not humanity. Move along.

As I remember Reggie was a bigot and a racist. Look it up if you don't remember the comments he made about gays, asians and indians. Regardless if he could sack the quarterback well, its a loss for football, not humanity. Move along.

585173560[/snapback]

Now is not the time... Let the man pass with dignity... There was much more to him than that one statement...

585173452[/snapback]

You shouldn't. But you should respect everyone who passes, if it is Reggie White or a kid with cancer. I would imagine you would if you heard about the kid, so now that we are hearign about Reggie, we pay respects. His life was not more important than anyone elses, but it certainly was not less.

585173560[/snapback]

Not really, more stupid than racist. If you read the comments he made while adressing his state legislature, he also made quite a few stereotypical remarks about blacks as well. He pretty much went across the board.

585173452[/snapback]

He's just known by more people.

No more trolling in this thread about Reggie. Consider this a verbal warning to all.