board is getting more popular everyday....

"There are currently 28 members and 237 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 419 on 10-16-2001 at 14:39."

I still remember when the board had 5 or less threads in each catigory and was never used.... times have changed alot :)

yeh i remember i used to go straight to winXP section - but since RTM/2600 - there aint much more to say there till SP1 - now i jus go to general discussion more

i dunno what it is eheh

i used to post quite regularly on a few forums - gamedesign.net and 3dactionplanet mainly, but i never posted anymore than 50 i'd say..

but i check neowin everyday cos it rules....

i got neowin in my 'links' favourites so its up top of IE in big :D

lets just hope the llamas stay away as it gets bigger - i mean the amount of flaming that goes on in 3dap's forums is unbelievable!

(althou i admit i contributed a few to the ongoing q3/UT war lol)

(if u dont know which side i stand on look at my avatar ;) )

It's great to see that the forums are getting popular as well as Neowin in general.

I don't really venture into other forum sites, as i like the gang here in Neowin :cheeky:

Only other forums that I've ventured into are betanet's and oexbeta's, so i'm mostly a 'newbie" when it comes to being in other forums :D ...

This is usually the first sight I go to when I turn on th PC, and I'm gald to see it grow. When XP is released on the 25th we will probably see a lot more new members as they look for answers, lets try and help( as we all usually do), We will probably see a lot of the same questions that we have anwered in the past. :D

just for your info, that figure of 419 users, isnt just the forum, it actually includes the reset of the site (as in the news)

however, the figure is still very large, when the script was first online we were getting bout 10k visitors a day, now its about 20k :)

soon be up to 1m mark lol

tingle

that's nice, i came and suddently all came to life.

thxs thxs everyone :D

lol j/k

But it's nice to see so many people on the forum, and it's also nice to see that most posts get lots of replies!

come to think of it - maybe we should compile an XP FAQ r sumthin a while after it comes out when we (i.e. neowinians) see what ppl r askin...

we could have a thread where we would keep addin to it r sumthin...

then maybe we could write a book from that lol

:D

the FAQ is definitely a feasible idea methinks thou - we could have everythin in it - including tweaks that can be carried over form win2K aswell

i dunno much about the history of neowin (i only came in aug)

did it exist before XP/Whistler builds were leaking?

i arrived here thru searching for XP news and found that this was the most updated site, and the forums seemed quite nice.. - i also liked the site design and backend so i stayed eheh..

At least it's not a single bit like TweakTown, where everyone's posts are pointless and they fight all the time! I think the friendly etiquete made Neowin so popular! :)

I used to originally only come for the new and post comments on the news [b4 people had to even log in - and b4 this XP style look, but it was still blue], and I never visited the forums. Now I am the second highest poster and I hardly even post here any more.

Anyway, the site and forums have improved an AWFUL lot since when I first visited [a LONG time ago], as well as some down time :(. It's a REALLY nice feature to just check out the news page to find what the 5 most recent posts are!

Originally posted by Webgraph

I think the friendly etiquete made Neowin so popular! :)

And the wonderful site design :)

Even after all the server problems that Neowin has had, they still come back strong. I think the problems generate even more popularity because people wanna see it as soon as it comes back.

Neowin is just plain hands down better than any other news site out there, I don't even go anywhere else unless it's a link from Neowin.