Is Golf The Worlds Most Frustrating Sport?

then many concentration/strategy games would be frustrating.

nah... i dont think it's frustrating. it's a game. it's part of the game. you just have to know that you can't play a bad shot and be ready to accept that you might need to make a biiiig turnaround if you miss it :p

then many concentration/strategy games would be frustrating.

nah... i dont think it's frustrating. it's a game. it's part of the game. you just have to know that you can't play a bad shot and be ready to accept that you might need to make a biiiig turnaround if you miss it :p

585187247[/snapback]

mmhmm when your out there on the golf course and all u have is a stick and a ball.........it can really get frustrating when things go wrong

Golf, never got into it. I can see how frustrating it is, but I don't say it cause I don't play in the pros. When its a hobby, it's just a game.

I know one of my nephews likes the game, he's got more concentration on golf than I do on web design, it's amazing.

Cheers

golf is awesome, yeah. but i do agree, it is one of the hardest sports i've ever played. the only thing that amazes me more than pro golfers are pro skateboarders...

Frustrating? Not frustrating at all. If you do get frustrated, you are going to screw up. Clear your mind and concentrate on the ball and the hole. That's the key.

the only thing that amazes me more than pro golfers are pro skateboarders...

585187547[/snapback]

I totally agree.

@emo: BMXer's aren't that impressive to me... I mean, I can jump on a bike and hit a ramp, do flips, and sure, I'll crash it and hurt myself, but I did it. As for skateboarding, I can't jump on a skateboard and do a ollie without falling on my ass almost immediately. Skateboarding is much more tricky than BMXing.

it's relaxing and fun when ur playing just for fun. Personally i find it frustrating cause i suck at golf, its not an easy sport and its not a constant game like hockey or baseball, in golf the situations are different for every stroke be-it the weather, the grass, the fairway, the design, the clubs, ur lie etc...

It is quote frustrating because it is hard to get one in when you lose confidence. Another sport that gets me frustrated is basketball. If you miss a few shots, you tend to miss the rest even if you're under the basket. I hate those times :angry:

not sure about frustrating

but for me its the most boring, idiotic and one of the most un-athletics sports i know

585195695[/snapback]

unathletic i could argue that

me myself being a runner......

playin 18 holes in one day.....can be quite tireing

not 2 mention i play on a very hilly course but that doesnt matter

i think it involves many athletics abilities

The only time when golf is frustrating is when you stike the ball 10 times before you hit the dam thing because your sh** at the game...

Other than that golf is very relaxing to play... :huh:

Golf definitely has to be one of the most frustrating, if not the most frustrating sport. People who disagree with that are either lying, have never played it, aren't competitive and don't care about losing or failing, of they're professionals. It takes so much coordination to hit a golf ball perfectly.

I love golf. What is your record for the most holes in one day? I once got in 45 holes with my dad(with cart) Walking, I only have gotten 36.

I guess people that get frustrated are the ones that still, after all the practice, do not know why the ball goes a certain way.

Golf definitely has to be one of the most frustrating, if not the most frustrating sport.  People who disagree with that are either lying, have never played it, aren't competitive and don't care about losing or failing, of they're professionals.  It takes so much coordination to hit a golf ball perfectly.

585196058[/snapback]

If you think the game is frustrating, then you are taking it too seriously.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

And that book actually teachs the golfer a thing or two. I own it.

not sure about frustrating

but for me its the most boring, idiotic and one of the most un-athletics sports i know

585195695[/snapback]

It is a game if your ride, a sport if you walk. ;)

I love golf.  What is your record for the most holes in one day? I once got in 45 holes with my dad(with cart)  Walking, I only have gotten 36. 

I guess people that get frustrated are the ones that still, after all the practice, do not know why the ball goes a certain way.

585196063[/snapback]

What is more important is what you shot. ;)

Anyway, I absolutely frickin' love golf. Anyone who hates it has probably never had the thrll of a birdie or catching a drive and lacing it 290 yards. Oh, man a sand shot into the hole or a bump and run for an Eagle on a short par 5... heaven. Add in a cooler of beer, some cigars, and your good friends you never get to see since you got married and you have one helluva good time. Thank God I live in Georgia where there are really only about 2 months of the year in which you can't golf (right now as a matter of fact).

Golf is frustrating as hell untill you get better at it, then it becomes really fun. If you are shooting in the 80s and still are not enjoying yourself then you really should just quit playing. If youa re shooting high 90s to 100s, then you just need to keep practicing.

Oh, and I have about a 15 handicap (sober).