Xanga

Question

wow, that looks pretty bad in opera... yeeesh.. i'd code better but it's hard cuz i can't do alot. the only thing i can control is the css, the tables, etc is static cuz i don't have a paid subscription. My original layout used layers and worked fine in opera, but i had to get rid of the layers because xanga doesn't allow it or something.

as for the code, i was hopping this layout could be unique. Maybe i'll post my older xanga layout's code later.

btw, thanks for the comments guys. :D

Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work when using Firefox 1.0...haven't tested in IE.

Page is cut off as #47 mentioned in Opera.

585189241[/snapback]

Works fine in IE.

tell the Opera/FF developers to fix their buggy browsers!

Sweet :o I hope that is css alpha transparency not just a photoshopped photo :D

585189259[/snapback]

i've been trying to look into that. As far as i know opacity only works with IE and Opera. Not Firefox, so i didn't use it.

i've been trying to look into that. As far as i know opacity only works with IE and Opera. Not Firefox, so i didn't use it.

585194901[/snapback]

look here ;) ..from a quick skim, i think it talks about putting a transparent png on a background, and it also works on internet explorer

Works fine in IE.

tell the Opera/FF developers to fix their buggy browsers!

585193879[/snapback]

McGrath, please tell me you're not serious.

I'm an Opera user too and my browser broke the code. My advice is to roll up your sleeves and use the CSS like its meant to be used, then it will look great in all modern browsers.

McGrath, please tell me you're not serious.

I'm an Opera user too and my browser broke the code. My advice is to roll up your sleeves and use the CSS like its meant to be used, then it will look great in all modern browsers.

585195181[/snapback]

all i can say is: use a better browser, works fine with ff and ie

all i can say is: use a better browser, works fine with ff and ie

585195206[/snapback]

Or do the right thing, become a better web coder, and show your site to everyone, not just the FF and IE users.

look here ;) ..from a quick skim, i think it talks about putting a transparent png on a background, and it also works on internet explorer

585194987[/snapback]

hrmm, i never thought about using alpha transparent pngs... that's a great idea.

Or do the right thing, become a better web coder, and show your site to everyone, not just the FF and IE users.

585195215[/snapback]

Why should web page designers have to make allowances for every new browser that comes along and doesn't do things they way they have been done in the past.

It's not web designers job to cater for your browser just because you have some fantasy that its going to take over the world.

Come back to us when your browser has 90% of the popluation using it and we'll consider your request then. Thats how it works in the real world. No one is going to spend 80% of their budget designing and for 10% (and 50 different) varieties of browsers.

You chose to use a new/different browser, You have to put up with its limitations.