Are you addicted?

45 members have voted

1. 1. Are you addicted?

• Yes, I Totally agree
    • Nope, I do not agree

This is purely optional topic as it touches on the more personal side of the people on these forums.

I am wondering if people can actually do without Internet and Computers, its a sign of the times that most people have cell phones, a laptop and sit behind a PC for hours each evening instead of actually Interacting with the world, friends or family. Its a touchy subject coming from a webmaster of Neowin cause the last thing I obviously want to do is drive you all away! but none the less, this is a question that simply is not asked and I am interested to know how you all feel about this.

Please leave a reason with your vote :)

yes eheh

when i get home i have to at least leave somethin d/lin while im eating my dinner or watchin tv - and ill check up on it during the ad breaks lol

and i have to play at LEAST an hour of Quake3 or Tribes2 a day lol

but at the weekends i can do without (if need be eheh)

Internet becomes everyday part of my life. The internet cannot be separated from me. Every day I play internet for surfing, downloading, reading news, checking emails and others. So many resources can be found straight off the net. Internet has got everything I want :D

I can live without the internet... though why would I want to? You can live without cars as well. In fact I've been using the internet / my computer much less recently [NE1 else noticed the forum has less spam now :p].

But I like to download music, music videos, the latest Enterprise episode [thanks to EmuZombie], play online games [JIPPI], play other online games [Tribes 2], worthless news [thanks to Neowin], and just browse the net for useless things.

CONSPIRACY: Did the WTC attack happen? Has anyone been there, and if so how can I tell your telling the truth? And has anyone met Bush personally? Does he exist? Think like the Matrix... it's all fake! [PS - I'm not paranoid... it's just that these people keep following me :p]. :D

Originally posted by mortensen

I can live without the internet... though why would I want to? You can live without cars as well.

But I like to download music, music videos,

I agree I could live without alot, but i don't want to! most of you wouldn't like to live without your legs & hands but i do, I'm paralysed! But i'm:) :)

baphomet_ie this part of your message sounds just like me.

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

yes eheh

when i get home i have to at least leave somethin d/lin while im eating my dinner or watchin tv - and ill check up on it during the ad breaks lol

A day dosn't go by that I don't check out the net:D , Unless the wife drags :right: me out of town or something.

I love using my computer, but I am not sure if I need it. It occupies the time when there is nothing else better to do.

What scares me is some of the people that I know will pass on social events for their computers, now that is addiction.

For those who are Hardware maniacs, who like to read all the reviews, who like to download tons of mp3's and latest music videos, games, MS apps and OS, try new stuff, download latest softwares, patches, hotfixes, chating (IRC, ICQ, MSN etc....) that you have food in the same room, a TV and a toilet, why in the world would you want not to be addicted?? If all those conditions are met, then why would you want to leave that room?

All that to say that i like my addiction

:D

Originally posted by Huckleberry

baphomet_ie this part of your message sounds just like me.

A day dosn't go by that I don't check out the net:D , Unless the wife drags :right: me out of town or something.

yeh

even if im only gonna have to be away from pc for like 10 mins - then i load up morpheus and d/l a song, or i upload a plylist to my mp3 player - it's ridiculous lol

Even if im not using my computer i will atleast have it set to monitor my mailbox :) Hell i usually have my laptop out on my desk next to my PC so i can browse the forums on neowin while surfing the net on the other. Why do i do this ? Who knows but im sure it looks very cool. lol

Life without the internet ? Oh god no !! Obsessed ? Definately ;)

~Keldyn

I just wish that I didn't have to pay for a phone bill because of the internet. But yeah I am an Addict......

Hello my name is Wazat and I am an Internet Addict.......

(Everybody applaude now)

Kinda both addicted and not addicted...I definently can't live w/o the net! I use to be on the net about 5 hours a night everynight but thx to neowin I'm not as much anymore because i use to be looking all over the net for beta and leaked software and news but since neowin has all this here I dont have to...but i guess i am addicted because when I come home first theing i do is turn on my computer and come here and read all the new posts and sometimes respond to them also I'm on for 3 to 4 hours a day at school because I have three computer related classes and the books and everything are all on the net and I'm always doing other stuff then my work. Yall decided for yourselves If i'm addicted of not...