Nokia 6630

My Nokia 6630 finally arrived this morning via Initial City Link. The phone was ordered from Carphone Warehouse Bluewater last Monday. After ripping open the packaging it revealed a nicely wrapped phone.

mini-CIMG1298.JPG

The box contained:

1x Nokia 6630

1x Battery

1x Stereo Headphones

1x 64 MB RS-MMC

1x User manuals & CDs

mini-CIMG1300.JPG

I started off by setting up the phone as stated in the Quick Start leaflet.

The SIM card went in first followed by the Li-Ion battery.

Next I was required to insert the memory card. Although secure, it took me two broken nails to open the MMC compartment.

mini-CIMG1303.JPG

And voila, the final product.

mini-CIMG1324.JPG

Having charged the phone, it was time for unleashing the phones? dragon.

mini-CIMG1307.JPG

Oooh

mini-CIMG1308.JPG

Ahhh

mini-CIMG1309.JPG

The screen is capable of displaying 65536 colours with its 176x208 architecture. Above the screen a light sensor is found ? adding to Nokia?s scheme of battery saving by changing the backlight intensity.

Now the moment you?ve all been waiting for, the camera.

Beneath this beast is a 1.3 megapixel camera, proficient of taking shots up to 1280x960 although your only option is that and 640x480. The camera features a 6x digital zoom with smooth zooming action ? just like an optical lense.

Other features the camera includes is sequential mode, taking upto 6 images with short intervals, night mode, self timer, adjustable brightness and contrast. And not to forget video mode.

Example 1 (Normal - Default)

Example 2 (Night Mode)

Example 3 (Highest Quality)

mini-CIMG1316.JPG

mini-CIMG1321.JPG

Since the phone is running Series 60 v8.0 it features a nicely redesign menu.

mini-CIMG1325.JPG

And with the top-notch menu comes a power house of processor power speeding up all operations.

mini-CIMG1327.JPG

mini-CIMG1328.JPG

mini-CIMG1326.JPG

And so to conclude this phone is a feature packed beast, with tools to cope with the hardest mobile-phoney situations. A 1.3 megapixel camera for the photographers and an active matrix TFT colour display for the screen-fanatics :unsure: :unsure:

mini-CIMG1331.JPG

That?s about it for now though, I shall add more later as I progress further on into my journey with the Nokia 6630, so stayed tuned folks!

EDIT:

1. Added another example (Example 3)

Edited by Adrian

Looks far far better than the 6600, a device I had the unfortunate "pleasure" of using over the last six months on a project.

Very nice, I would like this phone but it can be very pricey, how much did you pay?

585199947[/snapback]

?399.99 - although prices will probably drop, otherwise it certainly is worth every penny.

And just a few more pictures for the time being...

mini-CIMG1332.JPG

mini-CIMG1334.JPG

mini-CIMG1336.JPG

mini-CIMG1337.JPG

Nokia phones are the best!

you have nice hands.

585201994[/snapback]

lol thank you. I've been sticking to Nokia also because the rest of my family have Nokia's and so all the chargers are the same - just makes life that little bit simpler.

Previously before owning this phone I had the Sony Ericsson s700i for a day, although it had a nice clear screen and camera, it lagged alot. Having said that, nothing compares to Nokia's engineering (personal opionion)

lil ot here: can the symbianos be like upgraded on older phones?

585203877[/snapback]

As far as I know it cant as hardware may have a part to play in symbian os 8, but I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...