Don't ever show MSConfig message on startup

post-38039-1104761338.gif

I use MSConfig fairly regularly, but I find this dialog really annoying. is there a way to make it so that this never comes up no matter how many times I use the utility?

Thanks.

It puts a new entry into the run folder of the registery. If you delete this key everytime after you run msconfig you won't have to deal with it. You could save a registery key and run that after msconfig. If you ask me its more trouble than its worth.

indeed, checking the box works.

585222462[/snapback]

well I know... but it's still annoying for how often I use it. And sometimes I turn off a startup item on someone else's computer such as my mums, and then when they reboot, they scream something along the lines of WHAT! WHAT!? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????? AHHHHH!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

The reaction happens all the time.

I'm not interested in alternatives because that's not what I'm looking for

well I know... but it's still annoying for how often I use it. And sometimes I turn off a startup item on someone else's computer such as my mums, and then when they reboot, they scream something along the lines of WHAT! WHAT!? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????? AHHHHH!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

The reaction happens all the time.

I'm not interested in alternatives because that's not what I'm looking for

585222577[/snapback]

yeah, i know what you mean. i always reboot right after i use msconfig just so i can get that out of the way. maybe there's another solution.

dang, this StartupCPL program is so cool because it is just a standalong executable. So convenient...will definetely come in handy when working on computers. Especially Win2K machines that dont have msconfig. Thanks for the tip guys!

Umm, why use annoying third party programs?(including MS's utility)

Simply run regedit and goto the HKLM/software/microsoft/currentversion/run key and manually remove any offensive items. It's not rocket science.

:cool:

Umm, why use annoying third party programs?(including MS's utility)

Simply run regedit and goto the HKLM/software/microsoft/currentversion/run  key and manually remove any offensive items. It's not rocket science.

585222653[/snapback]

Indeed, thats prolly the easiest way. This way you don't need to install any additional software on ur client's (or mom's) pc!

You should only use msconfig for troubleshooting. Once you solve the problem, set everything to normal startup on the general tab (Y)

If you want to keep things from starting up, remove them from the registry yourself. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run is the key they're stored in.

wow thanks for some of the most useless replies ever guys.

obviously you can't real.

use startupcpl by mike lin and there won't be ANY more popups.

Well obviously you can't read, because I said I'm not interested in any alternatives

I had a question for MSCONFIG, I did not want alternatives.

Thanks for suggesting to use regedit to go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run but it would be a hassle to navigate the registry that far for the amount of times that I use it and I would also have to look up HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, WIN.INI & The Startup folder, which is too time consuming.

I guess I'll try and find someone that knows how to make a patch for it by modifying the binary.

wow thanks for some of the most useless replies ever guys.

Well obviously you can't read, because I said I'm not interested in any alternatives

I had a question for MSCONFIG, I did not want alternatives.

Thanks for suggesting to use regedit to go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run but it would be a hassle to navigate the registry that far for the amount of times that I use it and I would also have to look up HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, WIN.INI & The Startup folder, which is too time consuming.

I guess I'll try and find someone that knows how to make a patch for it by modifying the binary.

585227287[/snapback]

Regedit remembers where you were the last time you used it. So it'd actually be less clicking than opening up msconfig. But hey, with your attitude towards people trying to help, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone to patch that binary for you. ;)