nissan the bully

Sounds like the Nissan computer company is pulling everything they can out of their name - I suppose rightfully so.

It doesn't make me hate Nissan though, they make awesome cars. :cool:

My question is this:

A. IS the computer business infringing on the rights of Nissan Motors?

B. Is the computer business trying to inflict harm or consequential damages on Nissan motors?

C. Why did Nissan Motors, if they were truly interested in Domain names, not register the domain name, before Nissan Computers?

D. Must the big company always win?

Thanks

BB

I think this guy is a nut. He owns a third rate computer company that no-one has ever heard of before and now he wants national attention over what amounts to a pimple. I bet he gets about 6 hits a month at that site. It isn't even very well done.

If he were smart, he would have asked Nissan what the domain was worth to them and sold it. Then he can register www.nissancomputers.com. He'd be none the worse for wear and have a few sheckles to boot.

I don't own a Nissan and I'm not saying Nissan Motors is in the right . . . but I still think the guy is stupid if he even spent $10 on this issue. It's a no-brainer.

JMHO

-TR

One other thing . . . .

Eminent Domain isn't anything new, just about every State and Local Government makes use of this practice. If they didn't, then one or two people could screw the Government or a Business concern by holding out for a grossly inflated amount. Do you realize how hard it is for a Community to put together the volume of land required for this plant? It's obviously a boon to the area in terms of taxes and employment.

In the US, the Government is "The People." The elected officials look out for the big picture. They are their to make sure that the actions of Government serve the public good. As long as the price for the land is determined using sound assessments, emminent domain is called for here.

I found this Passage particularly telling . . .

But, it was Burns who determined that nine black landowners ? for their combined 175 acres purchased at barely $3 million, did not deserve more than Dinkins alone got for his 73 acres and timber at $4.4 million.
The mention of timber leads me to believe that there is more to this story than meets the eye. If the residents who received $24,500 per acre owned pasture and Dinkins owned land that was covered with trees that could be or were being harvested, then his property would be worth more. But they don't say directly.
While it is not about the money for the Archies and Bouldins, they are clearly not stupid about the true value of their land and homes. And the state also now knows it. These landowners are in court fighting to force eminent domain off the table on behalf of every landowner seeking justice, fairness, and equity.

Nope, they're not stupid . . . they probably made a killing. And they don't want the courts to decide that they should get $60,000 per acre . . . they want to dismantle emminent domain. They probably didn't want to leave or are angry because they couldn't "squeeze" Nissan.

I'm skeptical of this story, it plays on the emotions of others and doen't tell yje whole dtory I'd wager.

Originally posted by Opio

That's pretty old... www.nissan.com says stuff about it too..

Heh I drive a Nissan.. so f-Nissan computers :p

word... i drive my parents 01 Maxima... i love it. :)

could care less about nissan computers :D

and Nissan used to be Datsun (sp?). I forget when the name nissan was established tho..