Did someone miss the NeoPlanet Browser

Did someone of you guys ever used that browser.

neo_logo.jpg

I remember using NeoPlanet browser a lot, back when Netscape was the king.

Have been in their website but couln't find that many information of what really happend to it.

Do someone know what really happend. Why they stoped the development of this browser. Would like to hear from you about your expierences with this browser

Website http://www.neoplanet.com

Does anyone actually remember that NEOPLANET was simply a skinned web browser utilizing the IE rendering engine...

Whereas Netscape 6+ was using the Mozilla engine (developed jointly by Mozilla/Netscape at that point).

There are basically several major web browsers out there:

1. Mozilla (Netscape, Firefox and Mozilla)

2. I.E. (Neoplanet, IE2, and a lot of other knock-offs)

3. Safari (just Mac OS X)

I have used all and I like Firefox for its speed but on Mac OS X I like Safari - but recently have been converted to Firefox - I use IE on a Windows PC because I depend on the hooks into ActiveX and rendering engine... (a slave to M$ - no big deal).

This is not a definitive listing of browsers... I didn't list any of the LINUX variants (i.e. the KDE browser, Gnome Browser - which uses a Mozilla variant now... I think... or Solaris - which in SOL 10 is Netscape 7?... I can't remember).

My point was - NeoPlanet offered some cool features, but it was just a glorified Internet Explorer.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Neoplanet is still around but you have to look for it. The company is largely defunked and the browser hasn't been updated for quite some time.

It seems only to survive by the fact that some people don't bother to do enough research before promoting it across message boards.