[rel] Sustenance WindowBlinds

Isaw the problem but I dont remember where. All progress bar are working fine for me now but anyone klnow how to fix that??

585246097[/snapback]

KoL,

I looked at the skin with SkinStudio and 'technically' everything appears to be correct, based on my knowledge of SkinStudio from converting other MSStyles. Maybe Frogboy can help out?

If it makes any difference in finding the issue, I've also seen it do that during installshield and various other install/uninstall apps too. I even uninstalled, deleted all WB files, and then re-installed to make sure it wasn't an issue. I'm running the very latest beta 4.49b.rc.[002] for WB.

Again, great work on this theme. I'm running it in one form or the other on all my PCs at the house and work! :woot: :woot:

Thats something that I dont know how to fix it  :pinch:

I looked everywhere and I couldnt find it.

585246486[/snapback]

This is one that always crops up with most people, only problem is you start getting into shared coloured problems that is why Luna is very dark text on that highlighted blue part. I was playing with the Slate version, so have a look in Miscellaneous>Colors>Selections>Background - Highlighted has to be the same colour as the system menu so the text does not look all weird. So once you have altered that. You will see it looks good but the text is somewhat white and the classic menus has no 2D rectangular selection also now the text just highlights. So you'll have to change the one above it Text - Highlighted to say 164,164,162 and change Background - Highlighted back to say 206,206,204 which 118,118,120 was default IIRC. You'll just have to play around with those untill it satisfies you. But you should see your now pretty close to nice clean crisp text hopefully and still readable.

The progress bar issue showed up in the uninstaller for Java  5.0. Also, the Control panel doesn't get properly skinned.

585247055[/snapback]

what part of the Control Panel?? Everything seems to look fine here.

This is one that always crops up with most people, only problem is you start getting into shared coloured problems that is why Luna is very dark text on that highlighted blue part. I was playing with the Slate version, so have a look in Miscellaneous>Colors>Selections>Background - Highlighted has to be the same colour as the system menu so the text does not look all weird. So once you have altered that. You will see it looks good but the text is somewhat white and the classic menus has no 2D rectangular selection also now the text just highlights. So you'll have to change the one above it Text - Highlighted to say 164,164,162 and change Background - Highlighted back to say 206,206,204 which 118,118,120 was default IIRC. You'll just have to play around with those untill it satisfies you. But you should see your now pretty close to nice clean crisp text hopefully and still readable.

585247900[/snapback]

Thanks a lot VF I'll try that. :)

KoL: Let me to be the first to say I am sorry for any comments I have made on you skins before. I have been using you sustenance WB release and I must say it is 10x better then the msstyles release. Great job.

This is really good KoL, I loved the VS, and the WB seems to be even better. But I have one little problem: I have a dual monitor setup, and when a window is maximized, it goes a little into the other screen.

Nice job KoL!  Any luck getting FOOOD's permission to release some avi's/toolbars to go with this?

585268737[/snapback]

I have permission to create avi and toolbar using iCandy Jr. but Im nopt sure if Im going to make them yet. I like how the theme looks with Luna default :)

Yes, this skin does look good with a variety of different toolbars, that?s for sure. Maybe, if you feel like it, they can be released as a separate download. I think SkinStudio allows toolbars/avi?s to be created as standalone object:blush:us;) ;)

I would like to bring other toolbars over to WB myself, but I don?t know how to convert a png to tga file. When I have tried in the past, all the toolbars remain with a solid background color, instead of having a transparent surrounding.

I have permission to create avi and toolbar using iCandy Jr. but Im nopt sure if Im going to make them yet. I like how the theme looks with Luna default  :)

585269785[/snapback]

I loaded up iCandy Jr. for Firefox and it looks great with this theme. That's one way to see how much more you would like the buttons than the default luna. ;)

Yes, this skin does look good with a variety of different toolbars, that?s for sure.  Maybe, if you feel like it, they can be released as a separate download.  I think SkinStudio allows toolbars/avi?s to be created as standalone objects.&nb:blush:ush:&nb;); ;)

I would like to bring other toolbars over to WB myself, but I don?t know how to convert a png to tga file.  When I have tried in the past, all the toolbars remain with a solid background color, instead of having a transparent surrounding.

585269993[/snapback]

Myabe I'll make a version with Toolbar and Avis and include it on the zip

Myabe I'll make a version with Toolbar and Avis and include it on the zip

585270223[/snapback]

:D Awesome, great. Also, how about making a "glossy" substyle? I think it would look really awesome, especially in blue. Just an idea. This is a truely fantastic theme :yes:

Hi KoL...

Firstly, great skin... It colourises beautifully. Very usable and easy on the eyes.

There is no argument, at all, that WB has far more features and a smaller footprint than VS', this has been proven time and again, and is no longer up for debate, and the only real problem still facing WB is the quality of the user skins and community perception due to less-than-spectacular previous versions. So, with that in mind, I have just three questions for you:

One: How was your experience using skin studio to create/port the skin?

Two: What is your personal opinion re: WB and using it as a primary windows skinning engine?

Three: Most importantly, will we be seeing more skins from you? Created first using WB and then ported to VS should the community demand it?

I dont work for Stardock, but I'm the kinda guy that raelly wants this quality piece of software to succeed.

Once more, thanks!

:D Awesome, great. Also, how about making a "glossy" substyle? I think it would look really awesome, especially in blue. Just an idea. This is a truely fantastic theme :yes:

585270638[/snapback]

I dont think Im going to create the glossy effect

Hi KoL...

Firstly, great skin... It colourises beautifully. Very usable and easy on the eyes.

There is no argument, at all, that WB has far more features and a smaller footprint than VS', this has been proven time and again, and is no longer up for debate, and the only real problem still facing WB is the quality of the user skins and community perception due to less-than-spectacular previous versions. So, with that in mind, I have just three questions for you:

One: How was your experience using skin studio to create/port the skin?

Two: What is your personal opinion re: WB and using it as a primary windows skinning engine?

Three: Most importantly, will we be seeing more skins from you? Created first using WB and then ported to VS should the community demand it?

I dont work for Stardock, but I'm the kinda guy that raelly wants this quality piece of software to succeed.

Once more, thanks!

585272032[/snapback]

Its not the first time thatI create a WB theme/port and Im still learning SkinStudio. I like WB and SkinStudi and Ive been using WB before XP. You'll see more WB sklins in the future. Everytime that I create an original MSStyle you'll see a WB version

I dont think Im going to create the glossy effect

Its not the first time thatI create a WB theme/port and Im still learning SkinStudio. I like WB and SkinStudi and Ive been using WB before XP. You'll see more WB sklins in the future. Everytime that I create an original MSStyle you'll see a WB version

585272486[/snapback]

Woohoo! That's great news. :woot: :woot:

I have decided to release the Toolbar separate from the WB theme. Download in the first post

585317658[/snapback]

Hmm. I can't seem to get the toolbars to show up in the toolbar list...

Hey KoL!

Got a question.... whenever there's a "grouped" application that's active and flashing on the taskbar, the VS won't really tell me which window is flashing....

say, I have a few MSN chat windows opened, it will be grouped. and one of my contacts IM'ed me..... I click the taskbar of MSN group, and it won't show me which one is flashing....