Fire Mike Davis?

Should IU fire Mike Davis?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should IU fire Mike Davis?

• Yes
    • No

maybe. i haven't followed how he's done on recruiting, but he should have one of his own classes be upper classmen by now, right? so he's gonna need to start performing better by next year.

congrats to my wolverines on the upset of iowa last night :)

Yes, those upper classmen are the guys he recruited. There offense is terrible and they are lucky to score 50 points. He refuses to change things up and the will be lucky to win 3 Big Ten games. I guess another lost season for IU fans.

wel if thats the case, he's gonna be on the hot seat at the end of this year...IU shouldn't be losing when it comes to basketball...

As much as this might make me sound like an apathetic Hoosier fan, I don't think he should be fired yet. If it were my choice, he'd be given the rest of this year and one more full year....the reason being he brought in an unbelievable recruiting class last year:

DJ White (national top 10 prospect)

AJ Ratliff (Ind. Mr. Basketball)

Robert Vaden (national top 50 prospect)

James Hardy and Lucas Steijn (both quality recruits)

...not to mention Lewis Monroe and Marco Killingsworth (transfers from Auburn). White and Ratliff especially have really started to play well the last couple games. I guess my point is that even though he his first recruits as juniors on the team now (Bracey Wright and Marshall Strickland) I think he should at least have a chance next year to coach the #2 recruiting class in the nation once they have some experience, along with the Auburn players. Those are just my hopes/thoughts...despite all that I mentioned I'd admit the last couple years haven't been anything special for IU basketball.

What in holy lore of 1980s basketball happened to Patrick Ewing, Jr.? I only get to see maybe 3-5 IU games a year and when I saw him as a freshman I thought he was going to be pretty good. Has he not become the player they thought or something?

I really think that all of the talk throughout the media about him being fired after they got ran against Northwestern has worked to IU's advantage. Mike's coaching style has changed a bit since that game or maybe the guys are playing harder. He is starting 3 freshman which has really helped I think. I really think that if they don't make the big dance, he will be gone. Just my opinion :D.

Mike Davis, fired or not, is going to be a fall guy. I don't care if they hired John Wooden. After Knight was fired, there was that impending fall looming over IU Basketball.