AP names Manning NFL MVP

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Peyton Manning's phenomenal season earned him his second straight Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player Award. He was nearly a unanimous choice.

The Indianapolis Colts' star quarterback, who surpassed Dan Marino and Steve Young with his passing prowess in 2004, earned all but one of 48 votes from a national panel of sports writers and broadcasters who cover pro football. Manning tied with Steve McNair for the award last season, but this time only Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick drew a vote.

Manning joined the likes of Joe Montana, John Unitas, Steve Young and Kurt Warner as quarterbacks with two MVP awards. Brett Favre is the only player to win it three times.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3310714

I think this was kinda obvious, because of the record that no one thought that would be broken was, by Manning.

Anyway, share thoughts.

:D heard it over the weekend (Y) Manning is one of the only quaterbacks I have really liked since Elway left. I really hope they beat the Pats this weekend :yes:

Off topic: pimpshiznid! I love the Harold and Kumar set! One of the best movies

In related news, The world is round!  :laugh:

This one was a no brainer for them...Nice year, Peyton!

585267810[/snapback]

That's what I thought, but I figured, someone was going to post it, and, why shouldn't it be me to have the opportunity to bask in all the post whoring goodness. :laugh:

And dvds_ect: thanks! Love the movie, one of the greatest ever!

That's what I thought, but I figured, someone was going to post it, and, why shouldn't it be me to have the opportunity to bask in all the post whoring goodness.  :laugh:

And dvds_ect: thanks! Love the movie, one of the greatest ever!

585267855[/snapback]

:rofl: Very true. :)

at least vick got a vote.

585268456[/snapback]

Not really sure why either lol ;)

Good for Manning, I liked a few other people but with his record there was really no other choice.

Vick gets a vote, yet he finishes as the 21st best QB.

Boy, there's something wrong with today's NFL.

585271836[/snapback]

Vick, while is very overrated in his game style I can recognize something... morally is the most valuable player for his team.

Obviously they picked the wrong Manning for the MVP award!

Still he does deserve the award not just for his football performance, but for that Master Card commercial, which someone mentioned in an earlier post.

,Jan 12 2005, 09:16]do u guys think Ben Rothldsijdslhdjshdburger will win rookie of the year? and was he not even considered for mvp because he was a rookie?  :huh:

585279385[/snapback]

Great Job Manning. He should have one the last year by himself.

Ben Rothldsijdslhdjshdburger will probably get ROTY but, I don't think he deserves it. I mean he throws 14 passes and the Steelers win. I just think the steelers are that good. Any NFL quarterback can take the Steelers like Big Ben did.

,Jan 12 2005, 09:16]do u guys think Ben Rothldsijdslhdjshdburger will win rookie of the year? and was he not even considered for mvp because he was a rookie?  :huh:

585279385[/snapback]

Like someone said previously, he was in the right place at the right time. If you had placed Ben on one of the crappier teams, I do not think he would be making headlines like he does. He shouldn't be considered MVP because there are a lot better QBs in the NFL then Ben: Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Brees, and Donovan McNabb that played better, passer rating wise that is.