Big Unit collides with the Big Apple

NEW YORK -- In his first public act as a New Yorker, pitcher Randy Johnson did not exactly shout, "Start spreading the news."

Instead, the new Yankee confronted a television news cameraman Monday, blocked his camera shot and reportedly told him, "Don't get in my face!"

LINKY 1

LINKY 2

From his press release on it:

"Regarding the unfortunate incident that happened this morning as I was on my way to a physical, I hope everyone will understand that the past few days have been a bit overwhelming and I wish I handled the situation differently. I'm very sorry it happened." :rolleyes: Very stressful and overwhelming! getting paid $48million over the next three years :rolleyes:

Good for hime, everyone deserves their privacy, even when you are in the spotlight. Some of the newscasters / cameramen out there are acting like its impossible to have a bad day and just not wanting to deal with people. The cameraman was obviously right up in his face. I can't say I wouldn't have acted the same exact way, or even worse. At least he was honest enough to say "Hey, i was having a rough day, i shouldn't have reacted that way" Paparazzi are the lowest forms of life on earth, worse than lawyers.

Good for hime, everyone deserves their privacy, even when you are in the spotlight.  Some of the newscasters / cameramen out there are acting like its impossible to have a bad day and just not wanting to deal with people. The cameraman was obviously right up in his face.  I can't say I wouldn't have acted the same exact way, or even worse.  At least he was honest enough to say "Hey, i was having a rough day, i shouldn't have reacted that way"  Paparazzi are the lowest forms of life on earth, worse than lawyers.

585276260[/snapback]

:yes:

Randie as Yankee! WHoooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOO!