How to ask questions the smart way!

Absolutly brilliant topic and analysis link aresxp

thanx for link

basic tips

1.Try to spell your title correctly....

2.Simple "tabloid" type-to the point titles VIP (even if the question has been asked mill.00s times- the title pulls in the helpers.

3.say that you have searched (but couldn't find)

3.Be clear and polite

that is all

• 7 months later...

As one of the co-authors, I'm delighted people enjoy "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way". The only thing I'd like to add is: PLEASE do not e-mail us authors under the mistaken impression that we're an MS-Windows helpdesk! A fellow has already done so, based on the posting in this forum, which is how I became aware of the postings here. Thanks!

hi rick and welcome to one of the biggest forums on the internet. there are 120,000 members here so expect a few more emails before anyone reads your comment and sorry !

Often, the person telling you to do a search has the manual or the web page with the information you need open, and is looking at it as he types. These replies mean that he thinks (a) the information you need is easy to find, and (b) you will learn more if you seek out the information than if you have it spoon-fed to you.

So true...

this is weird.

I was looking on pocket GPS and just read this guide, i was going to post it. Then i logon to neowin and its just been posted and i see it on the front page under recent topics.

The guy who wrote that need to take a long hard look at himself, and ask himself a question "Do I have a life?"

The guy who wrote that need to take a long hard look at himself, and ask himself a question "Do I have a life?"

586419654[/snapback]

yeah, thats alot of typing.

• 3 weeks later...