[THG] Recover Windows XP with BartPE

i read this over at tomshardwareguide.com today. i think its a great explaination of how to build a cd with a version of windows on it (i.e. an OS which boots directly from the cd without the need of a hard dsik) called windows pe.

a lot of us have known about bartpe for a while but i think this is great starting point for beginners. especially if they dont know linux so dont want to use knoppix ;)

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050112...irstaid-07.html

I've been using a BartPE Cd for over a year. I update the software about once a month, and burn a new CD/DVD. I have saved many a client (and myself) with this disk. Anything you can do in Windows you can do in BPE.

I have spent many, many, many hours configuring and testing different set ups and have to yet to have any one really fail to the point where I cannot boot from the disk and use at least some of the tools.

• 2 weeks later...
i read this over at tomshardwareguide.com today.  i think its a great explaination of how to build a cd with a version of windows on it  (i.e. an OS which boots directly from the cd without the need of a hard dsik) called windows pe.

a lot of us have known about bartpe for a while but i think this is great starting point for beginners.  especially if they dont know linux so dont want to use knoppix ;)

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050112...irstaid-07.html

585279100[/snapback]

a life saver....... :p

this may help me solve the computer problems in minutes's which sometimes required me to reinstall windows after formatting.. :)

• 4 months later...
I've been using a BartPE Cd for over a year.? I update the software about once a month, and burn a new CD/DVD.? I have saved many a client (and myself) with this disk.? Anything you can do in Windows you can do in BPE.?

I have spent many, many, many hours configuring and testing different set ups and have to yet to have any one really fail to the point where I cannot boot from the disk and use at least some of the tools.

585316363[/snapback]

SHAMELESS PLUG FOR BART

Bart rules! Hell, he's saved me 100's of hours! The thing I like about the Bart stuff is that he seems genuinely committed to crafting something good for lots of people like us.

Sooooo, I finally did the right thing and sent him some money. Maybe it will help him buy a new tractor or something! For the price of a few drinks, you can do the right thing too... open source people need our support.

Cheers, u.